What's next for Elektron?

I just talked to Sweetwater and they said the shipment “was on the UPS truck” heading to them, and I should have it in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

That’s not really modular. That’s just “custom machine type and custom filter per track”. When I think of modular, I think of something being modulated, or run through/effected by another thing. But, maybe I’m missing the point. Great update to a cool machine tho.

1 Like

m’kay strange …

but you can jump between banks of samples … i.e. sample bank A-H is a modulatable destination

1 Like

Old DTs are flying for 400 eur rn

1 Like

The more i think about it, the digis are starting to get really crammed, it honestly doesn’t feel to appealing to try and operate with 3 levels of toggle clicks, 8 pages of sequence pages and alot of buttons.

I wish Model:Samples could sample, even if it was as arbitrary as on say the KO2, cause a knob per function sampler sounds like a real good time!

10 Likes

DRIVE FASTER!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah I don’t get it either :man_shrugging:
weird description for something that’s pretty obvious and already implemented in OT I believe, and no one calls it that way

For you, maybe.

For others, it’s a real workflow killer, and contrary to the lighting-fast workflow ethos of the digitakt (which many of us value, or we’d be using octatracks).

2 Likes

Soooo, whats next for Elektron?
I guess Digitone II

5 Likes

Maybe they are planning something in the near future that will blow my mind. Cheap Digitakt 1’s will be hard to pass up. Might have to get one again. I like that you can play the Digi while looking at the waveform.

Have felt this way since v. 1. Like looking through a keyhole compared to the old style boxes. Not for me. :woman_shrugging:

On the other hand, an Elektron MIDI Sequencer with no audio or synthesis functions might make sense in this format…

This are just more rooms inside the Tardis… :smiley:

1 Like

300 dollar MK1’s? I might bite.

3 Likes

since you can use dt1 projects on the dt2, you could use the dt1 as a couch/café/train/forrest/park synth to start ideas and then transfer them to the dt2 that is connected to your whole desktop system

or you could place it in your office, atelier or at your partners house to be able to have a jam satellite

or you could finally not feel bad for (under)using it for one particular thing like drums or midi control/modulation

you could bring it to jams and don’t feel too horrible when someone spills beer over it

3 Likes

Timestamped cuckoo video. Some interesting stuff he reveals here about the DT2. Allegedly what is under the hood is already the “new generation” of hardware that has been speculated on in this forum. He didn’t go into technical specifics but it sounds like this is the first Elektron box that has been influenced by the Rust hirees that Elektron was looking for some years ago. Whatever is inside this box is probably a lot more computer-ish than the OG DT. I suspect there will be some very juicy firmware upates in the future. Will be looking forward to someone opening this this up and showing the innards.

https://youtu.be/651_lCCJ1-w?si=n-_61nyNT4mG5iht&t=5752

16 Likes

For those who value the ability to recall an exact performance, sure.
I’m fine losing tracks that will never be released :wink:

1 Like

Well I timed my purchase of a Mk1 very badly. Ordered 2 days ago. Arrived today. It will be going back, but I still think the Mk1 has legs and I can’t see the used price crashing hugely, certainly after a while (although I’m not prepared to risk it hence the return).

Assume there will be a Digitone mark 2 at some point. 128 steps, 8 tracks, deeper sequencing options… would be very interested. The 4 track limitation (despite p locking) is my biggest issue with the Digitone.

Syntakt is interesting. Feels a lot ‘newer’ can’t see there being a mk2 for years but wonder if the sales will be impacted by this launch. I was in the fence between a DT and ST, I think in the same position now I’m plump for the Mk2 DT if I was split. Unless some of the features can come over in firmware??

“Easy to program, easy to update.”

That’s good.

what I really like about the OT is the fader. such a simple, but great tool for live performance. this is one reason for me, that the dt2 update is not a total OT killer, like what cuckoo said in the past

the update is very well thought out. im curious if there will be another dt1 update, that adds a few of these new features, that seem like they don’t use more cpu. but I’m not familiar with the tech inside

would be great to get the ui updates, the euclidian mode and the chorus effect

2 Likes

What’s next for Elektron: Hexatrack

1 Like

How will this stand against AR you think?