What's next for Elektron?

What about a Vocoder? :3lektron: VOKOD

2 Likes

Have you noticed the visuals / animations in the backgroud of their latest product prensentations? Maybe a creative A/V mixer?

1 Like

My current tip: a 4 voice sequencer-less synth, with CV in, Midi In/Out. OB. Use it with a DT, an OT, or an A4. Same form factor as DT. And for the first time in a long time - Insert FX. Arp. A range of machines. And a few other tricks. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

i thought frequency modulation synthesis was digital realm only, but today watched a video on the doepfer analog modular synthesizer, it was doing fm synthesis, sounding way cool.

Do you reckon Digital not Analog?

Hmmmm … maybe digital? I guess voices would be a less apt term then and perhaps tracks?

Whats next for Elektron? Probably a lot of software updates for the mk IIs and digitakt, new overbridge… Dunno when we will see new hardware tbh, and I hope all the balls that are currently ”dropped” get picked up before moving on to new horizons…

Buut after that, something like the MNM in a digitakt form factor, seems like a no-brainer really.

4 Likes

yeah, it seems almost too obvious? an 8-track digital synth at the price of a DT, perfect companion… surely pretty much everyone who’s bought a DT would get one. They could just reuse the MM code and I doubt anyone would complain.

1 Like

Just thinking we’ve all wrong… at first because I can’t remember if someone clearly see MKII coming for Analog Rytm and Analog Four. So, I guess it’s difficult to find What’s next for Elektron. And more, I would say : oh yes, Elektron surprise us ! , because that’s exactly how we like Elektron.

Remember the Secret Box (with the Rytm under… how DAMN we were)

Monomachine 2.0 Keys with a Vocoder and revamped frequency modulation

Or a combination circuitry and digital video synth/sampler would be way cool fun.

Enjoyably integrated and emotionally relevant Audiovisuals are the future of entertainment.

Olfactory synthesizers might start happening in 50 years if clubs install perfume generators.

Holograms would be cool but that most likely requires the technology of giving photons mass and intelligent responsiveness.

Nothing new please
No more toys for me
One machine is very Nice to me, it makes me do much more with than using a lot of Instruments and then only scratching the surface.
Only a Rytm and four gives me more than i need
Now only an A4 is really good for me… it forces me to know this one inside out

4 Likes

Yeah , the SQ80 is probably my favorite synth, so warm and organic. It is also fun to use.

I’d say since the Digitakt came out it seemed pretty obvious for Elektron to update the current lineup to mkii (I was surprised about the octatrack update though). Since they’d done a lot of legwork with the Digitakt that would translate to the mkii machines. There was chatter about it back in April on this thread. Also, Elektron have talked plenty about dipping into a more affordable lineup. It may not be exactly next, but there will be a second Digitakt sized machine (that isn’t the heat). It’s “easy” money for them to do so and if they do repurpose the MnM it would be even easier to get rolling.

I’m with the other wanting Elektron to calm down with new machines and update the software for what they have out there.

1 Like

Most obvious would be AK mk2 I guess…

2 Likes

foot pedal next of course

Seems like Overbridge should be next for Elektron

9 Likes

I’m doing my best to hold out for ^this.

@wouzer
You are right!
There should be a brake! No new gear!
I guess we will see new equipment at NAMM 2018 in summer. Elektron is busy with the MKII’s - think about parallel os development for all this machines.

I donˋt think there will a Digitakt Mk2 I near future. The DT has already the “new” Back lid Buttons, a decent screen and the new encoders (not sure about that) i don’t own one. Part of the Mk 2 updates for OT/A4/AR mk2 was exactly those elements. (And a few new Buttons).
But it is possible that the next machine will have the same Format as the Digitakt/Heat.

I would love to see a new (digital) Synth. And if read the posts in this thread, it looks like that ì`m not the only one with this wish.
Maybe a new “Monomachine”, with more DSP power, and some features like Wavetable, complex FM, or some Typ of LA synthesis.
Elektron always have some innovative features.

But most important is that they update the Software of the current machines to fix some of the new bugs.

I don’t expect any announcement before the next NAMM or Superbooth.

1 Like

Just buy a JU-06 and control it via Octatrack. I hope Elektron will never go the way of rebuilding vintage stuff, there are enough other company’s who already do this.

1 Like