What's next for Elektron?

this! who needs 18 voices? :smiley: just kidding :wink:

Monomachine with 8 Tracks, different Synth Models (like before + some added exotics, similar to the OP-1 design) but - most importantly: with a fresh, modern and powerful sound! This would be everything i really want. Complements well with the Digitakt and if you run out of Voices, well - just sample with the Digi, easy as that :wink:

4 Likes

I honestly don’t know where I would ever need 18 voices but I like to rest my forearm across the keybed every-once-and-awhile. But being sensible I hope they release a digital synth in the small form and a multiple track multi-effects box as well. Though I own a DD500 and MD500 I’d really like to see Elektron dish out something into the same market.

1 Like

Yes mate. I just picked up a Heat yesterday and I’m so impressed. The more I think about it the more I feel Elektron is just leaving money on the table by not offering a similar reverb box.

A) The type of people who buy Elektrons also end up with a Strymon or Eventide
B) The eurorack community (which interfaces a lot with the Elektron community) is underserved for reverb in the format
C) Guitar pedals are fucking ugly, I don’t want something with footswitches sitting on my desk
D) USB. The one thing limiting a lot of folks from using outboard effects is the idea of routing audio out from a DAW on 1/4" cables and back in via an interface. It sucks. Analog Heat showed the way forward here…

Which means we will need some slick way of connecting all our nice boxes to Ableton simultaneously… hmmmmm

5 Likes

after hearing the Digitakt reverb, yes if they could bring that quality to five different reverb types and maybe offer p-locked sequencing of the reverb parameters that would be potentially amazing

was there already a vote for overhub mk2?

That’s my prediction :zipper_mouth:

Digimachine specifications:

• 4 internal audio tracks
  • 8 note polyphonic per track
  • 1 × Multi-fx per audio track
  • 2 × Assignable LFO per track
  • Conditional trig / plock (fx)
  • 4 × ¼” balanced output
  • 1 × Headphones output
  • 1 × High Speed USB 2.0 port
  • MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN sync out
  • Overbridge enabled
  • Dimensions: W215×D176×H63 mm

Price: 599€ / 549$

15 Likes

I think I’d prefer either a FM / wavetable / granular 6 voices synth (with a FX voice for plocking FX)…
Or a smartly conceived box to unify all my gear outputs, making it possible to add FX / record a session, route everything in every ways…

6 Likes

I’d love to see a groovebox like Korgs latest Electribe (not the sampler) but with all the good features from elektron and with much more modulation possibilities. More voices. Able to play samples. Does not have to be analog. Could be digital in order to have more voices, more mod possibilities and more fx types. An intern battery, a small keyboard like the A4, Size should be similar to an electribe. Wold pay 1k for something like that!

A digital powersynth like access virus ti2 but with the power of modern hardware! (Virus is almost 10 years old, and still one of the best digi. synths you can get) I would love to see what elektron would be able to do with modern hardware.

A wavetable synth. Granular synth ect. Just a form of sound sznthesis that we not already have. We all have probably enougth subtractiv hardware synths!

1 Like

how about a pcm-based synth lol?
elektron’s angle on pcm romplers could be fascinating and cool.

1 Like

Wi-fi piggy bank where upon a sufficient deposit, details of a new unit is released to the user. Like a ladder system, more details are released with incremental savings. When sufficient funds to pay for the device are saved then Elektron give you the option to buy or withdraw your savings.

If that’s the case, then Elektron can TOTALLY DM me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

on your second wish, have you looked at the new zoom l-12? sounds pretty close to what you’re describing.

As many people have said - I would bet a LOT of money on the next ‘new’ device being a digital/FM synth in the Digitakt box form factor - 4 or 8 voices.

4 Likes

I think there is room for a lot of newness in FM sound synthesis despite it being around now for 50 years. (John Chowning)

3 Likes

agree with you…and John Chowning ^^

1 Like

FM is currently my favorite sound design tool. So capable and so quickly able to get weird. <3

FM dedicated synthesis would be the only thing I could imagine Elektron doing that would entice me to buy

2 Likes

Agreed Ryan! And another place for doing new FM synth stuff is with the human interface and control interfaces.

1 Like

This hypothetical DM with the DT would be an amazing combination- if it could also midi sequence I would be in love.

I’m actually getting excited over this hypothetical device.

But yes, Elektron doing legitimate 6 op FM(Or hell, give FM8 a run for its money and I will get really excited) in it’s Elektron style would be superb. And FM synthesis makes really exciting percussive sounds- sample that into the DT for beat making. Oooh baby! Sign me up!

2 Likes

yeah!! nice combo with digitakt … I’m excited too ^^

1 Like

Fewer ops (like 4) are OK too if you have a wider choice of wave patterns. The original FM synths were sine wave only. (Sorry if going off-topic.)

1 Like