What's next for Elektron?

cheap… small…

I’d rather save cash and room for a big new brilliant machine than collecting tiny cheap little toys ah ah!

(but I love the “small” form factor of the OT, that is “small” to my eyes.)

2 Likes

I figure, for low costs, it’ll probably be a digital version of Analog 4 with send FX. Either that or just 8 tracks of wavetables

Yum! Sounds good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I prefer 4 tracks of synth engines, send fx and four tracks of midi(sorta like a digital MnM with savable sounds-build a drum kit from the individual sounds) layer snare and bd on one track with the versatility of the MnM. My dream mini-Elektron would not care about Overbridge premium, and wouldn’t sell my MnM neither

What’s next for Elektron?

Hopefully a break from all the ridicule… :wink:

About a possible OT2 sometime in the future, the current OT is labeled DPS-“1”, just sayin…

1 Like

Im waiting for OT3, invariably OT2 will miss something important :panda:

2 Likes

Yep exactly. The MX-1 is a great idea just done in a really basic low cost style… the per step effects is something elektron could take and run with and blow it out… it’s somewhat stolen from p locking. It could be an awesome mixer in that style. It doesn’t need sequencing or anything like that… just a mix box with a bunch of analog fx… sends or insertable . that takes the usb from the other devices… no computer needed

2 Likes

:thup:

That would be a boomer

Or think about a compressor same size as the AH with tons of features!!

A programmable sequenceable compressor would be way cool.

multiband, with dual tube-driven stereo input preamp stage

not one but two sidechain inputs.

also what about a Machinedrum Userwave III, same size and same colour scheme. Still 12 bit, but with more awesomeness. with 16 audio sample/synthesis/ctrl tracks, and a 4 Midi Track sequencer with 1 cv sequencer on the side. lexicon-style reverb, bonus global analog filter stage.

optional addition, a programmable sequenceable control surface rhythm pad. same size as the drum machine, same colour and material scheme. different layout though, more like the Digitakt, except for a rhythm pad. large dial rotaries along the top, a t-bar and an x-y pad, 9 faders and 12 rhythm pads.

one circular pad in the middle, crowned by two triangle pads with an inverted triangle between them, four oblong-semi-circles adorn each side, and a horizontal oval rhythm pad below the central circular one.

make it possible to program-in rhythm feel by having the famous Elektron sequencer playing in sync, p-locking the velocity response of each pad in real time. And so many more options to sequence regarding the rhythm pads.

Would love to see something pretty lightweight and battery powered from Elektron.

How about a digital A4/AR sketch pad? Dual bootable between the two different machines. With different faceplates attachable, with the UI button specifics to each one? Like buy the base unit, then buy/attach each OS + Faceplate for what you want to use…

And via overbridge be able to send your digital portable projects to your analog hardware…

Wouldn’t need a ‘ton’ of cpu etc, just half decent digital models of the Analogs. In a box kinda similar size to the current electribes. And obvs they’d be decent enough to use in their own right for people that don’t have the analogs. But way cheaper…

I’d love to do A4 sound design/patterns around the house/on journeys etc then throw those in the real deals…

Personally, I feel like this would be the most boring use for a continuation of the ideas from the MnM/MD. I’d want them to make digital synths that would focus on the things that make digital unique. The swapping faceplate thing sounds like a PITA.
A proper follow up to the silver boxes in this format is my ideal machine. So long as it has multiple outs😊 I haven’t really used the VA side of my MnM in years, but I’m obsessed with the fm and wavetable machines. I want to see where Elektron will go with those ideas

5 Likes

Yeh you’re prob right. Was just thinking how rad an A4 style Op1 would be. Faceplate thing maybe needn’t be pain in the arse. Car stereos do it no probs. Possibly Less of a pita than carrying two units around :wink: or not…
But yeh, something mind blowing and totally new would be more welcome for me too…

id love to see a premium all in one box. sampler, drum machine, poly synth, sequencer.

I always find there’s just one little thing missing from the units that keep me from being totally standalone all in 1, which is what I dream of.

So it wouldn’t cut into their other sales and cause it’d be so extensive id totally pay a premium price for it.

the ultimate groovebox, oh man :slight_smile:

id love if korg did that with their volca tech too. expanded the sampler and made a sampling analog groovebox. like 8 tracks with more extensive sequencing. that’d be dope.

that’s called a laptop

2 Likes

“sigh”

2 Likes

Elektron :baguette_bread: Baguette

1 Like

I really want this too. Hopefully Elektron will return to form after the smaller releases and releases something big next!

wasn’t the Deluge supposed to be this?

Or You could get an all in TWO box and go with the silvers(decent sampling), or all in THREE and go with either the classic or dark trinity

1 Like

oh yEa i forgot about the deluge. fair play to them I admire their vibes :slight_smile:
I’ll have to check that out again.

I’ve got a good bit of gear but mostly focus on my MD and A4, as you say the aul 2-in-1 :slight_smile:
and then a rake of pedals.

does the job nicely, I just like to keep things simple.
thanks for reminding me about the deluge :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was focusing on the A4 for a bit for the probability track challenge. And then I thought about how I’d been neglecting the sampling element of the MDUW. Played around with that for a bit, made another track solely on the MDUW. That’s when I realized my collection could be dwindled down to JUST the MDUW and I’d be alright

4 Likes