What's next for Elektron?

Yeah analog shmanalog
Give me some mental digital modulated madness

1 Like

Smaller boxes with lower dev costs , quicker turn around and steady income .
While a newer big box is developed in the background , higher dev cost.
New box creates more innovative future tech that can also be leveraged for the next round of small boxes.
Repeat until millionaires

Complex boxes are great , but simpler ones ( e.g. Circuit) are great too ,
A stripped down octatrack could be interesting too , fill the space left by people giving up and selling theirs.

3 Likes

The TE model. Pretty sure the Pocket Operators have made them very RICH :grinning:

they have already spoken of a drum machine in development

and behringer straight-up steals (ahem, clones) designs, so i wouldnt be surprised if they make some kind of elektron/electribe/monome monster box with 2 days of sampling time and a 1440p projection display for $500

wouldnt be surprised if the Deepmind scared some of these corps shitless, tbh

2 Likes

With 12 FX Bus and algorithm for X32 hahaha

A stripped down octatrack could be interesting too , fill the space left by people giving up and selling theirs.

I would love an Octatrack Jr. Maybe somewhere between an SP404 and the original Octatrack?

There are plenty of mini devices out there.
I’d rather get one complete device :smiley:

9 Likes

I dunno, I would be really bummed if Elektron’s next move for the OT concept was an OT Jr. Especially if it excluded or simplified a bunch of features but also included new/extended features that we’ve all asked for on the OT. Let me just add my feedback that I would not buy such a product to fill gaps in the OT that I will never sell (unless there is an OT MkII that modernizes, extends, and adds onto the original feature set).

1 Like

Maybe I’m repeating myself.

All the stuff on the AR…BUT with more knobs to tweak.
Every track/voice its dedicated knobs.
Yes, big …but isn’t a much beloved modular also?

Agreed. Leave that zone for Korg when/if they fix the electribe :wink:

1 Like

The MIDI spec on the AR is extremely comprehensive. Have you tried pairing a many-knobbed MIDI controller with it? I do this sometimes with a Faderfox UC4 but I’m sure something like a BCR would be even better.

Use a midi controller if this is what you want

No I don’t use that and I don’t want to also :relieved:
I like hands-on control, no faderboxes or other external controllers.
Like the new Arturia Drumbrute, excellent control.
Yes, Plocks are super but when performing live you just can’t tweak the AR like a TR, you have to program Scenes etc. but that’s not the same.

I guess I meant an Octatrack mk II Pro and an Octatrack mkII Junior at the same time. But sure, that would probably dilute the product line too much for some people’s taste. I can see that. I just feel there would probably be a ton of features I wouldn’t use on a full-fledged Octatrack mkII, a Junior with reduced features and price would be nicer for my brain and my wallet.

I’m guessing an AIRA sampler would be more my speed. Sure hope it’s not green though.

2 Likes

How are fader boxes and external controllers not hands on control?

Buy a used MK 1 :smiley:

Technically they are but for me they feel like a remote.

Just think of it as extending the rytms hands on control. They produced a portable unit with access to as many crucial elements without adding bulk. By allowing midi control they have made the control options expandable. You can probably find a nice controller that sits right next to the rytm and seems like part of it. As a bonus you can now customize the controller to control your personal use case’s most used functions. Try it, and I think you’ll get more than you asked for…

2 Likes

Along with their last 2 releases, something I don’t want hopefully, since I am skint as a skint thing.
Hate distortion so I’m happy with what has landed this year. Good luck to the guitar boys from here…

Nord Lead 5?