What's next for Elektron?

No worries. The thing is the moment octatrack gets superseded by octatrack 2 the original will still have things the sequel won’t. That’s why I’m a hoarder. S1000 was the best S series sounding sampler in my opinion but the S3000 had a lot more features.

Too late !! :articulated_lorry:

2 Likes

Maybe in 3 years. Dont understand why everyone wants an OT 2 when they cant even figure out how to use OT.

11 Likes

A greater ability for multi-tracking would be the top of the list for me

1 Like

Explain multi tracking

To individually record each of the octa traks on the octatrack

1 Like

well, not everybody wants one and there’s lots of people doing good things with the OT. In my case OT is my last choice between the black boxes but I’d like to see what a V2 could give. I believe OT was a little revolution sampling talking, But yes, looks not very friendly to use

Maybe because people figured out what the OT can and can’t do to their workflow.
It’s not like it isn’t perfectible…

2 Likes

Yer I was being fascetious. I know good stuff happens by some people. I just dont see a new OT anytime soon considering elektron box lifecycles. Mnm and mduw lasted over 10 years. We have five more years or more of OT 1 potentially

I hope not…
Mine is showing signs of use…
:crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Surely between Elektron/akai/roland/synthstrom/pioneer/korg/teenage engineering/ableton/NI… Someone has to put out something that rivals/beats OT sooner than 5 years!? Elektron are crazy if they sleep and spend too much time on AH/Drive kind of stuff then have to play catch up. I reckon we’ll see some big Elektron stuff in 2017…

If something like AH or Drive is a massive hit you can easily picture one/all the bigger companies bringing out rival units for cheaper. It’s the other insane/deep Elektron stuff that other companies seem to have no idea how to imitate/beat…

Edit - forgot behringer… They seem crazy hungry now and bent on nailing wishlists on future hardware etc… Wouldn’t surprise me if they do something comparable to OT/RYTM within the next year or two…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Well said. Elektron will be left standing at this rate!

A distortion box…FFS … Sharpen up!

Next release will be Accessories : guitar straps, plectrums, bandanas, flares… all analog of course.:slight_smile:

If they really feel the need to keep on flogging the Analog horse - why not do a delay/echo/sound on sound/looper/freezer/granulator… cost a fekkin fortune though.

1 Like

Analog Kapo :copyright:

1 Like

i will get my :heat: soon and i will sharpen up everything with my distortion box :tunga:
GRR GRR GRR GRR GRR GRR Bzooooooiiinnnnnnnn

1 Like

Elektron, how about small, portable limiter with multiband eq and at least 4 inputs? :aw:

1 Like

Bro if elektron made raw Japanese selvedge denim western shirts I would buy 3 in my size

1 Like

I want an Elektron Mullet to go with my drive pedal. This is a sad day

1 Like

All Elektron-boxes are outstanding and standing apart from other gear. New-born users will soon came to this conclusion - they are different in terms of sound, performance and sequencing - in other words: not a toy.

They are not cheap and maybe they don’t have the direct accessibility and a flat learning-curve like other tools … but they are a lifetime-acquisition

anyway, i’m waiting for the next digital wave (did i mentioned, that i bought a Radias :innocent:)

2 Likes

Be careful. We don’t want to give Elektron the wrong idea.

Jeez I can see it now. What’s next for Elektron?

‘Elektron embroided clothing line hand made with analog sewing machines using Tibetan yak yarn for extra Heat :heat:

1 Like