What's next for Elektron?

The way we are headed it’s likely this will be the next big thing from Elektron…
Jeez I hope not.

1 Like

^ most likely … a clean boost!! ha ha
8 presets of different cleans.

P-lockable cleans even.

Hopefully

£250-

1 Like

Just because they served some appetizers doesn’t mean that there not already cooking up the next big meal…

3 Likes

You’re making my mouth water, sir

That was some teasing for these appetisers :smile:

Analogue Halloumi

It’s taking to much time so they needed to distract us. Then, when we’re all disoriented and not looking, Bam: SuperAnalogAllTrackUW MK420 everything box with toaster sync.

One thing is certain, you have way too much time on your hands…

But seriously, It seems highly unlikely given Elektrons history of producing expansive instruments, that all the sudden they would just switch to making fx pedals. Look at Moog, they have several tiers of synths, three tiers of fx pedals, theremins, iOS apps, and more. If they only made Voyagers they’d be out of business. Perhaps if Elektron moves a lot of heats and drives, they can have more time and resources for more complex units. I would not be surprised at all if they are half way into designing/producing there next complete instrument.

2 Likes

'But seriously, It seems highly unlikely given Elektrons history of producing EXPENSIVE instruments, that all the sudden they would just switch to making fx pedals…

^ Just fixed that ^

:laughing:

1 Like

Been using elektron forever. After seeing this lineup I think I have lost faith. It was time to switch to modular anyway.

4 Likes

Hard to keep the faith after this last product unfortunately, and with no hint or clue of anything fresh being brewed in the lab, we have to presume this is the new direction they’ve taken.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted

2 Likes

Need a violin?

1 Like

You need one too?

2 Likes

an Analog Violin… with presets, overbridge enabled… total recall.

i think not.

2 Likes

Violin would be cool, octatrack 2 even better

2 Likes

OT2…Not gonna happen is it…

Best off buying a guitar … Distorted violin may sound alright…

2 Likes

Hope an Octatrack mk2.

Octatrack 1 users should be able to upgrade their unit. “Future proof” concept was originally at the heart of Elektron philosophy. (like “Metric Halo” for ex)

It could be applied particularly for this machine, which has been released, (first in beta), without a lot of features & a seriously lack of deep thinking about the machine & what we expected from a modern sampler by Elektron.
Thanks to the community who helps a lot for the development. (Included myself)

So, why some people still don’t like Octatrack? Because of the multiple combo keys in order to achieve those “new features” !

Hey, that’s my guess, I love the Octatrack.

1 Like

I think maybe they thought jumping straight to a pedal may have been a bit much, doing it this way is a nice transition, that gives both the synth heads and guitarists and pedalheads something to take home. For guitarists, it’s an introduction to Elektron as honestly they still are not a household name (even a lot of my sound / em friends often shrug when I say “Elektron”).

I’m simply glad it wasn’t one or the other, and it’s a very interesting approach offering alternative formats for products that share the same DNA. My sense is that we will see more pedals and about half the amount of desktop processors comparatively, so in 12 months there may be a total of 4 Elektron pedals but maybe only 2 desktop fx. Which is fair because the processors are more feature rich. But I kinda like that they are doing half-rack style units, super-interested to see what they cook up next - it will be great when a range of these things all exist as one big family.

All in all I’m quite happy with the AR, A4 and OB, but if I did see another feature full rack size box from Elektron I would love it to be a detailed and rich synth that complimented the sound palette of the A4 and AR, and obviously would be best friends with all the FX Elektron had out to date.

I love a bit of speculation and all - usually harmless fun - but can’t help getting all deep and thinking the endless want and entitlement from some for the next big thing is about as bad as regular GAS for stopping folks making music!

Elektron have a plethora of options now for banging out tunes and I look forward to what they might release down the line but I’d rather spend my time making music with what I have than dreaming about what I could do with some fantasy bit of gear.

And yes, I fully appreciate how hypocritical it is of me to post this comment!!!

4 Likes