What's next for Elektron?

I always found the AH too clean. It misses the dirtiness I’m looking for when I’m thinking heavy saturation/distorsion. (Like Mr Oizo stuff)
I never tried it but in all the demo I’ve listened, I always found it sounded like a good plug in (like Saturn from FabFilter)
It’s not bad per se, but it’s not why I am after.

The OTO Boum (as the Bim and the Bam) was conceived with a « vintage » sound in mind. The main difference to me with the AH is the addition of the stereo compressor. It’s not a clean one, it adds a lot of character to any source, it can go from subtle to full limiter (and even negative ratio)
I always wanted a pair of Distressor or a Fatso but it’s very expensive. The Boum can achieve this range of sound, in stereo, with midi implementation., presets… The 4 mode of distorsions are also exactly what I was looking for.
For me it was an instant buy, and I will never sell it. :heart:

2 Likes

Simplicity and the sound Is impressive for such a small device.

It is very well designed and engineered.

Teaser? Or have I missed something?

3 Likes

Could be a hint but I doubt it. Seems like Ess is just messing around with his own stuff to me. Not much to go on if it is a teaser, but he did shoot down MD Mk3 in the comments :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s a bluetooth lamp! oh wait, different company.

3 Likes

Yes, I think I remember him saying something about he and a friend wanting to design something “trance-y”?
Maybe I saw it on one of his IG stories.
It’s bound to be cool whatever he’s cooking up.

2 Likes

Its an update to all devices to adjust screen brightness.

oh yes looks like he is in Berlin…and that looks like the Ableton graphics…:grinning:

2 Likes

Digifects. Fx Maschine with overbridge. I’ve said this before, but the name just came to me. This!!
4 in, 4 out, elektron style reverb and fx

2 Likes

“Brightness” … A Reverb parameter, it’s an effects “something”

Overbridge plug-in effects?! Elektron vst.

Actually, I found the Drive feature to sound really nice; on its own. Just having that in a box at a much lower price would definitely be worth it. ATM the AH is $1,799 here, which is NOT worth it.

Really? $1799? Where is that?

AH would be great with its own elektron sequencer. Being able to automate fx per steps would make it an amazing piece of gear. Never understood why it is not implemented from the start.

1 Like

It does have effects

8 Likes

Adjustable screen brightness? :yum:

3 Likes

I want that! For all Elektron devices… Screen and LEDs please

Yea that looks just like an Ableton dial and has the same Ableton font. Elektron working with Ableton on Push 3 !? :face_with_monocle:
Or just a joke about having a slow brain day

1 Like

Elektron DMX lighting control…

That’s AU$. It’s around US$1,300 which is still $$$$, but such is the way now in Australia with certain imported goods.

1 Like