What's next for Elektron?

I don’t think it should.

I guess it’s the price to pay for a secure experience.

No way I’m getting a fucking google device to get all my info stolen :grimacing:

1 Like

Hopefully not smaller… an Mk III? well there’s a resurrection of the digital synths, i don’t think analog will be over… but more a shift into digital realm
A new Maschinedrum perhaps… why not, Elektron is experienced in doing this

Very true, you get a very manicured consumer experience in iOS and the tools are very powerful. But I have grown to resent the perpetual reorganization of the GUI to involve various swipes from various corners and holding for various times, which pretty much ruins the iPad for live performance for me. It definitely makes me appreciate the timeless elegance of standalone devices, despite my intermittent expressions of frustration.

2 Likes

indeed. When it comes to it, companies need to make money and the bigger boxes definitely attract attention but I wonder if the sales returns really match that of the smaller ones.
At least they are still privately owned (afaik) so they aren’t as prone to just chasing cash.
Perhaps if they can break even on an amazingly innovative product then that is seen as a win, something bigger corporations would never be happy with. So don’t lose hope entirely that we will only see models and a digi here and there (nothing wrong with that either tbh but I understand the desire for more “big boxes”)

Are they still in search of a new Engineer? If so :

Covid-19 + Search = No new Project in the near future.

1 Like

not always. They could be finished up a project and hiring dsp engineer for a specific new idea. I cant imagine they’d be employing all those people if they were twiddling their thumbs.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. I always thought that the form factor and feature set of the recent boxes was more to appeal to broader customer segments and budgets. I wouldn’t bet on Elektron giving up on their fully featured line up.

1 Like

Agree. I will tolerate that tho for security. As fucking frustrating as it can be/get.

1 Like

With regards to the job listings they’ve posted recently I think it will be a long time till we get something new.

Maybe a model:synth (basically 1 A4 voice in model:xx factor) since that platform is already established.

But if you read the listings I bet they will blow the roof off in 2 years time…

3 Likes

It certainly appears that they’ll be spending some time on DSP, and waveshaping/waveforms. Perhaps they’ll release an efx station with DSP capabilities as well as waveshaping properties. Its exciting to wait and see regardless. They have had a pretty good track record thus far and are a company that places a good amount of pride into their work, and the Elektron brand.

1 Like

Sounds like the sort of non-PR comments any developer would make when rounding a very important and desired full release ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Frustration, hope and determination.

1 Like

:hushed:

6 Likes

what is this?

Hehe. It’s what I want.
Heat with extra eq and effects!!!

Cue outs would be cool too.

1 Like

yes please

YES. That too.
I returned the AH this morning. My two issues were the eq and the way I wanted to rout my FX.

I didn’t like the AH too, I exchanged for a Boum, it is much better as a warming unit

2 Likes

What do you prefer on the Boum?