What's next for Elektron?

2 Likes

this is what I meant… I want to see ALL IN ONE device from Elektron with FM, VA, Drums and good! FXs. With at least 8 tracks (all drums should be on one track and 7 more for bass, pads etc) with master bus for… real time mastering.
smth like Akai Force, MPC One, Deluge… but should be compact with batteries.

2 Likes

Their track record suggests that they won’t ever do an all in one box. Gotta catch ‘em all!

That’s because those boxes run on 12V. The Model series uses a USB-standard 5V, so just about anything will work.

I can recommend the ripcord for the DN and DT, which works with any USB 5V powerbank.

Realized today I want a Digilog. One voice digi format analog. Bass line heaven. Love my sirin but it doesn’t look sexy next my elektrons

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/products/

Has existed for years :slight_smile: AAS made both of those plug ins for Ableton. They have a plugin called Chromaphone

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/chromaphone-2/

Which is both in a nicer package. Tassman was their big think, seems to be missing now. It’s like Reaktor but more complete modules and pmodeling.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/aas-tassman-v4.0

It sounded amazing still last time I heard it. I think the Nord Modular could do a little bit of all that.

2 Likes

Didigitone FM Didgeridoo?

Chromaphone is basically Ableton’s Collision (Chromaphone 2 added the drum head resonator).

It has strings too doesn’t it? I’m sure it did. Either way Tassman, has been around for around 6,000 years :slight_smile:

Yep, there’s a string model in Collision.
Not sure if Tension is AAS String Studio or Lounge Lizard or a bit of both, not sure…

Tassman…Still have that installed on an old machine, I think.

I have a feeling DigiStrike was for a Nord Drum-ish product.

I think that is a little-explored area of the market that would be awesome if they knocked it out of the park.

3 Likes

AFAIK it’s not uncommon for a company to register product names they might want to use in the future. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’re actually gonna release all of them.

Nord drum-ish synthesis and/or physical modeling/modal synthesis tied to an Elektron sequencer would be ace, tho.

4 Likes

DigiStrike will be a weapon to destroy capitalism

3 Likes

A unique physical modelling synth that only emulates the sounds of the hammer and the sickle.

10 Likes

A new digilog would be cool.

A little four stereo channel mixer / recorder in the digi form factor would be amazing. Something with faders and eq / fx that could record each channel independently as well as stereo out. Maybe it could have a built in looper and the ability to cross fade each channel between a recording and the live signal. Oooh. Yeah, that would be very cool.

3 Likes

Fusion with Tascam
For an ultimate record mixer

Good luck

In your opinion, is it inevitable for Elektron to go back to the bigger boxes? And is it inevitable to make new iterations or do you think they’re done with those.

Why should it be - in any way - inevitable? The past has shown that they are doing (financially) well with developing easy-to-use boxes and reducing the feature set with each new generation. There is absolutely no indication that they will reverse that course.

From my perspective the real question is: will they ever develop another box with an extensive feature set like the A4/Rytm/OT again?

While I really wish they would IMHO the chances are clearly against it.

1 Like

I don’t think they will- they might introduce a mk3 version which might be smaller, lighter and with a different shape.

I certainly hope so