What's next for Elektron?

Right, so what I’m suggesting is for Elektron to have a clock divider built into the dinsync options!

1 Like

Anything as long as it has dedicated Filter and Resonance knobs.

2010/03 - Octatrack mk1
2012/11 - Analog 4
2013/11 - Analog keys
2014/01 - Analog rytm mk1
2015/08 - Overbridge 1.0
2016/09 - AnalogHeat
2016/11 - Analog drive
2017/01 - Digitakt
2017/06 - Octatrack, Analog 4 and Analog rytm mk2
2018/01 - Digitone
2018/07 - Analog Heat mk2
2019/01 - Model:samples
2019/05 - Digitone keys
2020/02 - Model Cycles
2020/04 - Overbridge v2

It seems like Elektron is following a one year pattern for releasing new machines. If so, we won’t hear someting new before end of 2020 or early 2021. I hope I am wrong because I would love to discover a new digi machine soon…

5 Likes

I just read an story about the octa mk2 are out of stock on elektron site. In hopes of a mk3 with some new designs. That would be very cool to see.

Interesting… Digitakt are out of stock too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

New flagship octa+digi = sweetness :hugs:

Has Elektron being out of stock of something ever preceded anything interesting?

1 Like

What’s next for Elektron? Some really cool stuff, and an entire new generation of machines.

What more do you know? I know nothing.

When? Tuesday

10 Likes

Tuesday of 2025

Interesting list, but I don’t see a pattern… According to that they’ve released between zero and four machines per year :man_shrugging:

Not hard to imagine product development slowing for all kinds of reasons in the current situation

Edit: that was for @Jellyfish

No more musicians nor restaurants in 2025.

Model:Pasta

14 Likes

2010/03 - Octatrack
2012/11 - Analog 4
2014/01 - Analog rytm
2016/09 - AnalogHeat + Analog drive
2017/01 - Digitakt
2018/01 - Digitone
2019/01 - Model:samples
2020/02 - Model Cycles

If you remove mk2 and keyboard updates of some machines, you start to see that there is kind of a release pattern…

The release pattern seem to be 2 years before 2016, and 1 year after… maybe because machines are getting smaller?

1 Like

Probably more having to do with the private equity firm that took on a sizable share of ownership.

2 Likes

Yes we can see that Elektron strategy has evolved since then.

I’d love to see them go balls out Frankenstein again, like what the Octatrack was, a freaky over the top box that suggests where all the Elektron workflow can be taken in new directions, and then everything released from then on can cherry pick and reduce as needed.

An obvious, next thing from them could be possible XL Models. Taking the Models and simply growing them up.

Something I personally wouldn’t mind would be limited edition Analog Mkii’s - in the old black/grey box rectangle style. Same insides, familiar compact battle tested road form factor - with the new UI.

But I’d love to see them explode the sequencer in new ways. Reverse, random, more fully featured arps, page limitations that don’t stop at four but go to 16, page soloing, blow it up. Improve live recording to include tied notes where they exist. The marketing is so easy to see - the next generation Elektron sequencer.

I saw they have a new hire in the works, that will throw a new hat into the ring. I think what Elektron do next will be a departure, it will disrupt and upset as many people as it pleases.

6 Likes

This happens all the time. I’d say the elektronauts website is not the main place I’d look for buying gear. I think most of their sales are through dealers vs. direct.

Your probably right. Just wishful thinking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aha yes, for the brand new machines that’s true

What a year 2017 was BTW!

2 Likes

I just bought one of those at Costco.

2 Likes