What's next for Elektron?

Digital Four: Same as Analog Four mkII but with wavetable generator oscilator with wavefolding and fm.
Dream synth :star_struck:

7 Likes

Amplitude modulation?

1 Like

I want this synth but with 8 tracks.

3 Likes

4 Voices for 8 Tracks?

Of course!

A lot of Voice stealing then. I’d prefer 8 Voices for 4 Tracks.

2 Likes

You are right, stealing is a sin :clown_face:

1 Like

I’d like for Elektron to what Roland did with Studio Electronics

What would a collaboration between Mutable Instruments and Elektron look like?
Imagine a box like the Digitone but instead of FM Portion, It had MI Plaits as an oscillator?
Or in addition to filters, it had a resonator (MI Rings)?
Or for reverb, it had something like MI Clouds?
Package all those things with the Elektron sequencer, Overbridge, and you have a compelling product.

OR something a bit smaller scale, something like MI elements in the model package

Just a thought, With stuff like the Hydrasynth out there, I could see Elektron doing a hybrid synth, something multitimbral with analog filters.

2 Likes

Digitakt 1.10 - july 2018
Digitakt 1.11 - june 2019

Digitakt 1.12 - ???

Fingers crossed we get some exciting update for digitakt (see feature request thread) in next few months, but its impossible to tell.

2 Likes

Yes!

I want a massively polyphonic multitimbral synth that can load up user samples, scan wavetables, and do some interesting stuff I haven’t thought of.

I always want analog filters, but I don’t know if that’s realistic with high voice counts (i.e. 64+) so possibly VA filters here, or something digitally ‘characterful’…

Never gonna happen, but I’d like to see elektrons take on an op-1 type of machine. There is still nothing out there that steps into the space the op-1 occupies, except maybe the op-z. Maybe the MC is as close as elektron will get to that when the battery handle will be released.

2 Likes

I wonder how the Coronavirus pandemic has affected Elektron’s R&D. Obviously Sweden took a rather… unconventional approach to handling the situation, but I can’t help but think that at least some plans for future releases have been affected

I want to see clock pulse out through the midi ports of DT and DN. Dinsync as I understand it is many times faster than a normal clock pulse, but has the voltage range to drive eurorack ish. They should just lower the frequency of this output so you can use a midi to ts or ts+ts cable to sync the DT or DN to eurorack equipment.

It isn’t “many” times faster. DIN24 uses 24 pulses per quarter note (exactly the same as MIDI). DIN48 is twice as fast.

1 Like

Oh, is that the same as a cv clock for eurorack? I thought the din pulse was faster than that?
Was thinking of using this to sync DT and dfam

1 Like

Hehe, sorry to disappoint but this is a personal project I’ve been working on. It’s a 4-voice binaural AM synth & sample player that I made with and for my partner (and meee!)

So far we’re doing good - business as usual. Not much has changed except for the frequency of video meetings. :slight_smile:
As for how this will affect future things, hard to say at this point.

29 Likes

Glad to hear it! Hope everyone is staying healthy :slight_smile:

Oh you tease.

1 Like

It depends. There are eurorack clocks providing 24 ppqn and 4 ppqn. So if you need 4 ppqn you need at least a clock divider (/6) to get what you want.

more informations about din sync

1 Like

I’m sure it’s been mentioned a few times, but it would be nice to see an Analog Eight (both desktop and keyboard version).