What's next for Elektron?

Some overbridge type hardware device with multiplayer capability. I imagine it would be incredibly hard to get it to work efficiently but being able to jam with other people around the world on an Elektron would be killer😀 or
models: multiplayer

1 Like

Video synthesisaktone

1 Like

Synth with sample player
With. Random sequencer play

MonoMachinedrum

2 Likes

I hope Elektron would surprise the Analog Rytm users someday with interesting new machines for the BT, LT, MT, HT, CH, OH, CY and CB engines. These deserve a bit more speciality on the percussion synth creation to stand out from everything else out there.

2 Likes

Being analog, the rytm doesn’t have “engines” so much as circuits, right? Isnt that why you can layer samples on top of the synth tracks?

3 Likes

Indeed I ment circuit’s instead of the (sample)engine’s.

Well, that would require an entirely new device. You can’t flash analog chips with firmware…

1 Like

The Analog Rytm use FPGA’s this means Elektron can create different ways to control the integrated circuit like a modular synth.

4 Likes

Hmm, I wasn’t aware that the RYTM used FPGA’s. That doesn’t seem right, but what do I know?

I’d like to see confirmation of this too. Surely you could mod the hell out of such a setup if you knew what you were doing if that was the case. Interesting :thinking:

FPGA isn’t analog so I guess Analog Rytm shouldn’t use those?

Here more detail how Elektron implemented FPGA: A4 teardown (and infrared pics)

1 Like

Okay, so it’s just controlling the analog circuits? I guess that it’s ”ok” then to still call the synth analog :slight_smile:

I guess I got confused by the fact that some recent digital synths use FPGA’s for sound generation as well.

Dude, yes! This exactly

Digimakt!

Digitakts mighty big brother.
A sampler. Not just a drum sampler, but a real boy!
-Some Polyphony
-A bit of time stretchin and pitch shifting
-Audio track or two
-4 inputs
-2 filters
-No song mode.

2 Likes

I bet it could be a Model:Samples compagnion.
A Digididdly!
It’s like a Tamagochi. If you love it, it loves you too.
Spread the love!

3 Likes

The best thing about this is you could sequence mix levels creating a cadaver Equis patch like make noise RxMx does

MIDI FX (Pedal) in the Heat format.

That we don’t have something like the octatrack in mixer form is a black eye to all the synth industry, shame on them… :grimacing: