What's next for Elektron?

Perfect, throw some clouds/particle granular stuff in the mixer and then we’re set

1 Like

The Digimix is EXACTLY what I need! Its kind of what we all need… Those of us who have multiple boxes and pedal/FX jam setups absolutely need a control center with flexible options to use all the gear together. We invested in all this great equipment that works together only to have this huge whole in the market… It’s basically a 8 stereo line mixer with stereo FX sends. This would solve so many problems!!

Personally my dream line mixer would be simply:
8 stereo inputs
2 FX sends (2 mono or 1 stereo)
1 insert
1 master insert (for amazing integration of the AH)

Anything remotely Digi/Elektron on top of all that I would easily pay $1k for. I would even pay more having just shelled out for a SSL SiX. It’s amazing and all but it’s not quite really what I need for just jamming with my Elektron and Meris boxes.

Would kill for this Digimix!!!

7 Likes

They would have all the possibilities of creating a standalone overbridge system with multi-channel input for several OB-enabled devices while then adding fx and looper features per channel. That is my dream :).

2 Likes

Honestly this is what I mostly use my Octatrack for, and it does a fantastic job. Its only drawback, as you’ve noted, is that it only have 2 stereo (or 4 mono) inputs. And one of the best features of the Octatrack is its fader, so it would be a shame to not include it on this sort of Digimix box.

6 Likes

I want the digimix so bad for my other out board especially…

but last night I was vividly dreaming and part of my dream was a digislice type box. Pads like the ARmkii but it was a digital stereo sampler that could slice and dice loops and assign the slices to pads for 're arrangement…you could stretch and apply fx and filters per slice etc but all in a digi format box…I don’t dream of this type of thing often…actually I normally dream about getting to school and realizing I forgot to get dressed…(I’m 46)… but this felt so real…?

8 Likes

Made my day, man! :laughing:

4 Likes

Today’s instruments that lack character are tomorrow’s instrument with character. Age old dilemma. :joy:

7 Likes

Is there anyway Elektron could bring an OS update for the MD and MnM to give them micro timing and conditional trigs?

3 Likes

An Elektron mixer without some kind of scene fader is like a car without wheels. It won’t go anywhere.

5 Likes

everything in life should have a crossfader

8 Likes

Yep! Since this world and life isn’t black and white everything needs a (high-res) crossfader … :smile:

3 Likes

there maybe a couple lol!! but let’s be honest, it’s all been done. there’s no shortage of great features vs cost etc etc…but processing outside the box, sample tech, still has a ways to go. For myself octatrack (x2) controlling two h9’s, the I use a variety of arcane audio tools (AmigaPal, Chipsounds Paula emulation, chipcrusher, mod to wav converters of all types) I can think of no better company to bring a new twist to old tech, than Elektron (kinda their niche)

2 Likes

Hmm. Why bother? It won’t bring them any more money so it is a waste of time, money and resources for them. They’ve got to take care of the current boxes as they are still selling those ones.

Especially in the eurorack world! There are so many modules that are being released, it will take years to truly come to grips with what’s available and what they are capable of. Future classics all over the place.

2 Likes

I totally understand but it would be an incredible good look for owners of the silver legends.

No doubt. Just don’t get your hopes up :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course not, just wishful thinking and just curious if it’s even possible.

1 Like

Instead of Digimix, i would love an AnalogMix. Minimum 8 stereo channels based on the Clean Boost from the Heat. With the same eq. Complete with p-locks of volume, eq and boost. Throw in some effects, and aux sends. And a crossfader with scenes from the octatrack.

13 Likes

I never thought that a mixer is something that could interest me but come to think of it there is nothing interesting on the market currently (i mean something compact ). A compact 6 stereo channels mixer with enough aux and built in FX made for live performance … damn that would be great.

2 Likes

Yep the scenes from the OT with a cross fader would be so freaking awesome!

I honestly wonder if you don’t put a mic pre on a mixer won’t that cut down on production costs? I do feel like 6 Chan’s are not enough. 10 would be amazing 8 stereo and two mono for 9-10. There is so many of these little mono clones going on the time has never been better for a product like this.

Also couldn’t you paint the OT black in the digi paint scheme and use the case for a Digimix? I’m thinking that way there is plenty of room for a cross fader because that’s an amazing idea for OT scenes.