What's next for Elektron?

Only if it is also shaped like a karp

3 Likes

Dn drums are where it’s at. Ivar Tryti’s vids on youtube have been extremely helpful. Cool tricks forsure in those vids.

2 Likes

Who knows what’s “next”! I still think there will be another sampler in the future. Be that a “Digitakt Pro”, “Octatrack 2” or something else. Very broadly speaking, an OT with OB would more or less have me preordering despite having sold things to pay some bills!

Next though? I don’t see the sense in releasing one product in the MS form factor. That seems a little daft so perhaps a simple 6 voice VA poly type? Could be a drum synth. The flagship boxes still seem to cover the bases well enough but I could still see something else in DT form factor. Either an FX box to compliment AH or something like a MD in DT factor. Guess it depends how well AH sold whether we’ll see another FX box though.

1 Like

But I do not see Elektron in the list of exhibitors at superbooth.
https://www.superbooth.com/en/Messe-and-exhibitors.html
So later this year? Or just announced on the web?

1 Like

Damn, well that’s scotched a lot of theories about the timeline mentioned on here :pensive: But as they have a dedicated location in Berlin now, maybe they’ll throw their own event in a controlled environment and invite people there :crossed_fingers: Seriously, though, as far as customers are concerned a web campaign makes more sense nowadays rather than shitty video on a noisy trade floor. Plus Elektron have the rabbit in a hat that is Cenk :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Yeah, the launch of the m:s was pretty muted (did Cenk even do a demo?), and iirc the on-the-floor previews were kinda snide - Nick from Sonic State was pretty openly disdainful (or at least uninterested) - so I wouldn’t be surprised if Elektron were pulling back from trade shows, at least for smaller products.

1 Like

He did one on the floor, shouting over the noise. I remember people saying he looked a bit disappointed with this box

3 Likes

Haha yeah, and his ‘model:samples experience’ video is just over a minute, compared to 15-20 mins for other boxes :laughing:

1 Like

Hehe. To be fair, M:S is not something that’s aimed at someone of Cenk’s class. And I’ve warmed up to it a lot in recent weeks, since ditching DT and only having OT for sampling duties.

Yeah I’m just being a bit mean. He’s for sure someone who likes to dig deep and really show off the hidden potential of machines, so a box that’s so up-front must leave him feeling like ‘what am I going to say here…’

I get the impression Elektron haven’t quite been sure how to market the m:s - they’re no doubt sure of what they’re doing with product and its appeal, but their marketing/comms is so strongly developed around an in-depth power-user context that it seems around launch they weren’t able to switch contexts and promote a unit that is a departure from that approach, if that makes sense?

(And for context, in case I seem overly critical, I owned an m:s, sold it, and have just bought another one, and I’m hyped about the idea of further additions to the model: line, so I’m definitely in the pro-m:s camp)

1 Like

My bad then! Funny that they are not listed in one page but do appear in the plan. Cool!

1 Like

If they have something new to announce in Berlin then yippee, I’m interested.

But if they don’t then yippee, nothing to pine over and more focus for me to put on the great tools I already own.

9 Likes

i assumed the m:s (and even digitakt) was just a direct result of the new investors saying ‘hey we love your products but you need to make mid range and low end stuff too’

2 Likes

This is the reminder I need often.

1 Like

Right now what I’d really to see is a Digi-format hybrid ala Shruthi/Ambika. Tons of oscillator options with A4 filters. I think it would sell like hotcakes.

1 Like

I’m sure it was a case of needing more profit to justify investment. I hope they achieve this through that exercise.

I doubt we’ll see more of model:series…

I’d love to see a mixer in the Elektron box format.

2 Likes

We need what Umonox rendered 2 years ago. His Youtube channel is silent for 1 year already, maybe he was hired by Elektron to work on this!? :grinning:

A 6 or 8 stereo channel mixer/effect box. Personally I would add a looper to it as well per channel to have the OT transition trick on board :drooling_face:

21 Likes