What's next for Elektron?

Yeah, there was the whole “new sounds from a new place” teaser videos leading to a Dublab set pre announcement

https://youtu.be/TVX0AThBNPE - Originally cut it 4 across ‘stories’

https://www.dublab.com/archive/elektron-presents-new-sounds-from-a-new-place-04-19-22

(Obviously they didn’t have Syntakt in the title at the time :joy: )

3 Likes

there was some teaser like a week before but nothing grandiose, the pre-syntakt speculation thread was long and juicy that started with trademark registration or something like that

1 Like

No teaser will ever be as epic as the OT trailer. I miss Hector

23 Likes

Best teaser ever made

1 Like

Link?

1 Like

quick thought: if digitakt is replaced not by a mk2 but something quite different, maybe that opens the door for slice/repitch/werp machines on the analog rytm? if it’s technically possible i mean.
in my opinion rytm is already the best drum machine out there but adding these machines would really give it the last 1% to perfection!

2 Likes

Maybe. But an AR update wouldn’t replace the DT for a lot of people, being much bigger.

Not sure if there’s still enough processing power in the AR for that, on the thread from the latest update someone from Elektron mentioned they experimented with adding a 2nd LFO to the tracks and unfortunately it wasn’t possible :frowning:

From the investment side, they’ll want something cheaper that’ll sell higher quantities, & an existing flagship wouldn’t replace a midrange product(as well as us knowing they’re changing development platform & moving to rust)

2 Likes

i know, but my hope is that the sample machines could work because they don’t need to affect any analog parameters in the machine, unlike an LFO.

edit: i’m not a programmer though and know nothing about this stuff.

well i don’t really care about the investment side :wink:
i just hope that if the digitakt successor for example gets proper timestretching and a few other gimmicks, they would throw in the sampling machines for rytm users because they are no longer the main selling point for the dt successor.

1 Like

As much as we don’t care about their investors, guarantee they will as they’ve gotta turn x amount of profit.

Rytm is already maxed out from what they said when the last update dropped

I still think that if it’s a Digitakt mk2, we can expect the mk1 to get mostly the same firmware updates. Otherwise the device will probably be named differently.

I also have a feeling that they discontinued Digitakt not because of an imminent mk2 but rather something else…

Do you believe that? After all, it contains a whole digitakt pre 1.5.

And with new AI programming tools, optimizing code is so much easier.

Is it possible to buy shares in the sense that they are publicly traded?

Yeah, especially as they’re changing programming platform. I can see maybe one more bug fixing update, but imo rytm is wrapped

1 Like

That is a plausible assumption. I just didn’t buy the explanation (no more computing power for second LFO, while they implement complexer machines).

They’ve had at least 2 known private equity investments over the last few years, but I don’t think they’ve ever sold shares publicly

1 Like