What's next for Elektron?

Damn I bought one (under 500). :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::exploding_head::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:🫠:shushing_face::rofl:

1 Like

XVI easily! They’ll have to do something about the name tho. Sēdecim sounds a bit like an early gastrological diagnosis :shushing_face:

1 Like

Digitakt mk 2⁴

3 Likes

One of the sonicstate podcasters mentioned being stressed by finding out that they’re getting a review unit potentially less than 24 hours before its release. Could be anything but I’m hoping Elektron

Is superbooth for anybody or journalists and (in)famous youtubers only?

Anyone with cash Tickets - SUPERBOOTH24

Reasonable pricing. Will report 1005h what the new thing is :partying_face::smiley:

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Meet me at the love parade :partying_face:

Or superbooth.

1 Like

Pretty sure we won’t have to wait until superbooth’s actual start date, to see what new gear Elektron has coming soon. They will most likely start posting teaser videos within the next few weeks (really any day now). This all will lead up to a full video reveal maybe early next month well before superbooth starts on the 16th. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never really followed elektrons releases before but I’m interested in this because I was about to buy a digitakt. Do they usually come out of left field? Any hype images that show fuckall but at least tell us there’s something new coming?

They released teaser videos for the Model:Cycles. Wouldn’t expect them to do it again because expectations got out of hand

1 Like

Yes, but if they are about to release a digitakt mk2 with stereo sampling or true Octatrack successor, then that would definitely be what everyone has been asking for, so a bit of teasing for a few weeks would not lead to disappointment like the cycles reveal was imo (as long as the teasers arent going on for months before actual reveal).

There is already a ton of speculation and excitement here about what Elektron is preparing to announce, since it’s been pretty much confirmed that the current digitakt is no longer in production. A few more weeks, and we will all know soon enough. :partying_face: :wink:

3 Likes

The actual marketing dtrategy is brilliant. :sweat_smile: (thomanngate, that trolling remark in the superbooth teaser about not discontinued products, all that rumors and speculation that followed).

And why should they announce the product before superbooth? Teasers and clues may come in the next few weeks.

1 Like

With their newer releases, they usually tease around a week before announcement, so not to overdo it(hopefully there is a new product at SB & not later down the line at NAMM)

There was no teasing at all for the Syntakt, was there?

Yeah, there was the whole “new sounds from a new place” teaser videos leading to a Dublab set pre announcement

https://youtu.be/TVX0AThBNPE - Originally cut it 4 across ‘stories’

https://www.dublab.com/archive/elektron-presents-new-sounds-from-a-new-place-04-19-22

(Obviously they didn’t have Syntakt in the title at the time :joy: )

3 Likes

there was some teaser like a week before but nothing grandiose, the pre-syntakt speculation thread was long and juicy that started with trademark registration or something like that

1 Like

No teaser will ever be as epic as the OT trailer. I miss Hector

23 Likes

Best teaser ever made

1 Like