What's next for Elektron?

To be fair, every elektron instrument does real time audio processing. A filter is a real time audio processor of the internal audio sources. Doesn’t necessarily mean it will process external audio.

But either way I am excite

2 Likes

You sure that your technical probably correct approach and understanding of the phrase is really what they (could have) meant?

From my POV that would be such a broad definition of the phrase that it would become rather useless at least impractical.

Anyway, unless the great chess game surprises us with sudden chain reactions of events that turn up the heat too much or the power grid down, we will know with superbooth :wink:

1 Like

Elektrons booth space looks pretty big compared to yamahas, maybe they will be showcasing their own plate reverb or quantum computer (finally)

15 Likes

Whatever they come out with probably will have some audio ins for some kind processing anyway, so it’s a bit moot. And “real time audio processing” does seem like pretty standard language for a job listing working on devices/software such as these, low or zero latency for all DSP will be a requirement.

Common Elektron, I am ready for anything.

8 Likes

Fwiw elektron were recruiting a rust engineer to work on the new platform back in 2021.

If the forthcoming device is part of the next generation, makes me wonder whether a new polysynth will follow shortly to replace the digitone.

4 Likes

Digitakt MkII = Digitone MkII

3 Likes

rytm två

1 Like

OctaTract, vocals, chords and beatbox

TIME FOR MM+MD VST PORT

this body is clear complete sentence :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Hmm, I hope it will be more like a Digitakt max, that does everything sampling and will retire the Octatrack

That makes more sense to me

And I guess people will be able to load different machines on the new model, that they have to pay for. But those will be effects and sample based stuff

Then there will be a digi synth coming next with the same concept. Where you can buy and add fm, wavetable machines, effects a.s.o

Then they will release a mixer

And then they might also start another, more affordable introduction line that can compete with the cheaper synth toys around

2 Likes

Just to be clear, if there’s a DT MkII (I believe this will be the case) than there will be a DN MkII.

3 Likes

Would make sense to have a quick follow-up as folks will withhold purchasing the digitone in anticipation.

2 Likes

ah, ok. I thought you meant the digitakt will include a digitone

3 Likes

If digitakt Mk2 comes out in the next few months, I doubt Digitone mk2 will be at the same time. In fact, there may not be a vastly updated digitone mk2 at all, besides maybe the case and screen color refresh(assuming they permanently drop the yellow).

Digitone could just be sold as is alongside the Syntakt, which will absolutely not be getting an “mk2” model yet, only 2 years after its initial release.

Digitakt definitely could use the major cpu and feature upgrades for stereo sampling, but digitone is in less of a need for major updates as an FM synth imo.

2 Likes

no plans 4 mk2

Surely not. One hype at a time.

I always come for the laughs! I hope to just get here one day and cry out of happiness for something new actually coming.

1 Like

Only one month to go. Have you all started saving?

1 Like

Imagine there is some demand for a synth with more than 8 voices. Whether more voices on DN or stereo sampling on DT are really needed is questionable. At end of day elektron is is there to make profit, and part of that involves releasing new products. Judging by the frequency of new gear nowadays the market of middle aged hobbyists with disposable income hasn’t dried up yet :wink: