What's next for Elektron?

Any nauts going to superbooth this year?

1 Like

I mean, they could still bring along discontinued gear. Nothing there states ONLY non-discontinued gear :grin:

3 Likes

they’re burying their 25years from the past….an reveal at super booth that they are now a part of InMusic and the Digitakt will be available as plugin for the MPC 🙆

1 Like

but Uli is waiting this time for Elektron to come up with new generations of machines I assume

linndrum etc. had a long time cooking in the background :sleeping_bed:

Discontinuing the DT now, empty the shelves and reveal a new product in Spring 2025.

Superbooth doesn’t have to be about hardware reveals though. IIRC Syntakt had a debut at 22’ but AH+FX was revealed a month after 23’. Reveals are likely more about ready when it’s ready.

2 Likes

Yes.

Please put an end to this.

Your move, Elektron.

1 Like

yes

My partner will be @ SuperBooth representing Intech Studio, I hope he will rush the Elektron stand as soon as he gets there. :smiley: I would teleport there if I hadn’t forgotten how

6 Likes

And about not getting lost amongst a load of other reveals happening at the same time. Even when companies are revealing stuff ‘at’ a show, they’ll sometimes do it beforehand like Korg at NAMM so they get news cycles pretty much to themselves.

It’s like with videogames, E3 used to be a massive deal but now it doesn’t exist anymore because companies started seeing the value of having their own shows which they can control fully and time whenever they feel like it.

2 Likes

Nice! I use a few of the grid controllers :slight_smile: wonderful stuff !

1 Like

Pretty much. Modern dev time also just doesn’t go hand in hand with crunching your developers to meet yearly reveal deadlines ASAP. Let the people rest!

1 Like

Oh…they watching…look behind you.

That would be a crazy move from a pure business standpoint.

3 Likes

I agree, that makes no sense

OK sooo if the soundbooth comes, and there are NO new units, it kinda SUCKS RIGHT?

I will be like bro I waited so long

and Elektronauts gave me so much hope

been waiting my whole life for a DT2, what’s a little while longer gonna do

1 Like

I feel the same way. It’s time for Elektron to release something new and blow eveyone out of the water.

It will either be a new sample based machine entirely or an “mk2” in the style of the Rytm mk2. Minor improvements and cosmetic changes.
Willing to bet $0 on it, I’m so sure.

Looking at their cadence for releases in the modern era of elektron (post digitakt) it would be odd for them to release nothing. That is unless you consider the AHFX a major release, which I don’t.

MS/MC may have been a disappointment to some experienced elektronauts, but they were definitely fully-baked new products.

1 Like