What's next for Elektron?

Looking at their cadence for releases in the modern era of elektron (post digitakt) it would be odd for them to release nothing. That is unless you consider the AHFX a major release, which I don’t.

MS/MC may have been a disappointment to some experienced elektronauts, but they were definitely fully-baked new products.

1 Like

If anything, I think it’ll most likely just be a rebranding of DT/DN.

There’s not really much you could do to either of them for it to make sense to make next gen models.

It would be cool if they did some sort of lil fun thing. Like little modules or something. Otherwise, Elektron’s current lineup is super solid.

2 Likes

A total discontinuation of digitakt would definitely be weird, since they only recently developed new firmware for it. Seems like the smart money is on dt with simplified logo and white screen and maybe stereo, same white screen treatment for Digitone along with some kind of update for it. And then, a new generation Elektron sampler replacing octatrack and dt if that’s how you look at it

2 Likes

24 Likes

16 Likes

And balanced inputs, dedicated button for arming record :grin:

And a ”that’s all folks” sign :grin:

3 Likes

This thread, and my mind also :

14 Likes

I have to confess something but please don’t burn me just now. To be honest I am perfectly okay with DT as it is and do not feel I’d need MK2 at all. Not stereo, not poly, not battery, pure nihilism my end in this regard :slight_smile: The same probably applies to Octa MK2 although I do not own one regretfully - and yet I am quite confident it is a decent and well designed instrument lol. Sure it would be exciting to see the Elektron’s new take on a sampler in 2024/5 but I’d rather hope for a completely surprising and novel box than any MKx with a number of FWupdates and so on. I would not mind if they offered some sort of DT improvement to maybe address the 64 steps circling thingy because this one is a bit boring after a while (scales per this-and-that and p-locks, yes, but maybe ‘expanded’ conditions beyond 8, say, 1:14 etc could sometimes do the trick too) but other than that - what’s not to like. DT is a DT, like tofu - normally you don’t attempt to transform tofu into beef in order to have a nice dinner (sorry, didn’t have my lunch yet, yum-yum). If they really have to exploit this little sampler I guess mainly because of the market pressure just give it more than oftentimes inadequate 1gb of internal storage (dunno, 4 gigs like T-4), a ‘simplified’ logo (no idea what for), name it DT+ and you’re good, now please kindly move on to develop a brand new 16 tracks sampling beast with all possible bells and whistles. It’s nothing but a matter of taste of course but proper MK2s for Digi trinity seem kinda ‘unnatural’ to me, I mean what would the DN MK2 hypothetically be like? 16 voices? 8 tracks? More operators? Too old for this s***t hahahaha. Anyway, my vote goes to: leave the DT alone. I do not have any real arguments (especially not technical ones) to defend this opinion, I just feel this way. And I like tofu :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Me 1 month ago : I sold all my gear to take a break with gear.

Me now : MY CREDIT CARD IS READY.

6 Likes

This is the way

IMG_2857

4 Likes

Since they did that thing on the superbooth text, I am now more confident that we will get an announcement some time till mid May. Otherwise they know this will happen.

4 Likes

If DT could talk would be like:

What else do you want from me? I gave you song mode, overbridge, I got myself a compressor and even accept your other synths to use it. I also have to tell those idiots what to do and when, and now, make them sound good too.

I had to create these “machines” because you were too lazy to warp, repitch and slice your samples just using the sequencer and a little of creativity.

I even gave you a second LFO. Oh God please forbide you from tweaking those encoders in live recording mode.

I am just a Drum Computer. A SAMPLE BASED DUM MACHINE. I can’t even recognize myself now…

And now you want a “MK2”? With white screen, slim logo and thicc stereo samples?

Really?

14 Likes

Agreed. Good point. The MK2 should be at a minimum sentient, but ideally sentient and condescending :joy:

12 Likes

Little advice to all. WANT MORE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE. Everything else is just a distraction. Works for me.

2 Likes

already have DT
want more

DT MK2 confirmed

8 Likes

To manage my GAS for MK2, I’ve put some parameters down before I pull the trigger:

• Must have SD card expansion. That 1GB max gives me anxiety attacks.
  • Improved EFX chain. Not just measly Reverb and Delay effects. It’s 2024 and hello… SP404?
  • New coating used for the keys instead of that awful rubber-whatever-dumb-dumb crap.
  • A-B slider.
  • 8 Audio tracks + 8 “Synth Engines” granular/morphing and MIDI tracks.
  • USB-C, again hello? 2024?
  • 128 steps
  • B&W LCD. The jaundice look is so 2017.
  • Same small square format. It’s too cute.

If it’s not EXACTLY as specified, I’m safe. For a while. At least.

3 Likes

Digitakt +AI confirmed

5 Likes

Is there space for a slider on the Digi format?

1 Like

Digitakt +Synplant would be amazing

2 Likes

Anything with sample slicing, midi arp and Overbridge is fine for me…