What's next for Elektron?

Don’t worry, your significant other isn’t reading this thread. You don’t have to lie to us because we’re all “not in the market for new gear” wink wink

12 Likes

And with the new UberBridge technology you’ll be able to chain 8 Monotakts for 8 voices polyphony.

2 Likes

• Stereo sampling
  • Crossfader
  • Sample slicing
20 Likes

Quoting @Jeanne

Who will March to London?

3 Likes

This is a total lack of commitment.

I am calling Elektron police.

4 Likes

Is this a fact? I.e. is eg Syntakt not running on a specialized Linux kernel? Then this is the biggest evidence yet of something groundbreaking being under development at Elektron HQ.

1 Like

I propose a name:

SudoTakt

10 Likes

Some months ago i was bored of speculating and muted the thread, Sir.

Which I might have to admit is possibly even worse than the lack of commitment. Oh unworthy me….

the MCU inside the Syntakt is a NXP Semiconductors cold fire MCF54415CMJ250

it has 64kb of ram and runs at 250mhz. I know uClinux can run on that chip, which is a variation of Linux designed for microcontrollers without a Memory Management Unit (MMU).

As far as I know, they developed their OS in-house. Again. this is all pure speculation.

2 Likes

+4 mono or 2 stereo outs :wink:

1 Like

+crossfader on the left

1 Like

We need an agent who will go to that London’s expo and get Elektron employees drunk. Any volunteers?

7 Likes

anyone will actually go to the event in london? ill be at superbooth and present something myself. so far, they are not on the list

just read that superbooth is booked out

1 Like

lets kick this up a notch

1 Like

“Em Kay two” ?

7 Likes

It would be so freaking funny if that email from Thomann was just written by a hallucinating AI bot. It’s increasingly more popular to use AI tools like this for customer support to deflect certain percentage of tickets before they reach humans. And Generative AI does make subtle mistakes like that (“hallucinations” is a real term in the industry, btw).

20 Likes

I would suggest an extension module - with scene buttons A-H or similar and a crossfader - that can be connected on either side. Crossfader horizontally like on Octatrack.

1 Like

11 Likes

Right, it’s been a while now. If the Digitakt was still in production and Thomann’s intern got it completely wrong, then surely it’s in Elektron’s best interests to publicly comment on it and say out loud that the Digitakt lives on, so that sales don’t dry up. Otherwise, many potential buyers will be second guessing if they’re buying something that’s going to be superseded very soon. This now convinces me that something new is coming very soon.

7 Likes