What's next for Elektron?

Was something of the syntakt leaked beforehand? I can’t remember

Yeah, the name came out because of a trademark filing, and the specifications and front panel leaked a few hours before the official announcement. (I think, my history might be fuzzy on this one)

3 Likes

Some store ‘accidentally’ listed it before pulling it, and the deniers still kept denying if I correctly recall

1 Like

6 Likes

Why would it break compatibility? Presumably you could still load previous gen Digitakt projects on an MK2 with stereo tracks.

All 4000+ posts of the speculation and reveal thread can be (re)read here while waiting for the next big thing:

7 Likes

I meant more that they would probably not develop two different firmwares going forward. Unless they break habit. Anything is possible

:point_up_2:
Good summary for this whole thread. :tongue:

9 Likes

Just found this in the Syntakt thread. We need your input now

1 Like

My input on this speculation?
Or that ST is close enough from a DigiMD?

About the present speculation, I don’t have much to say. We don’t even have a trademark to chew on.

Superbooth is still far, I wonder if this thread will have like 20k posts when we’re there.
Another question bugs me: will OT users feel happy?

7 Likes

Well to be fair, this is general speculation on elektron products, not just about one trademark post, so I think 20k is even a bit low

And (dont lynch me) Syntakt is kind of a digi md

1 Like

I’m surprised no one raised suspicion that AR Mk2 is also Out Of Stock on Elektron’s site.
For me, those tick boxes - Digitak is a sample-based drum machine, AR - has about 80% of the Digitakt functionality + Analog voices and a fully featured sequencer. Meanwhile, some analogue voices are already available to Syntakt. That makes me feel that instead of DT Mk2, we are waiting for AR mk3, which might have better sample mangling capabilities and misc improvements, so it will perfectly cover the Sampling+DrumMachine side of the setup with its reach layout and boosted CPU. And it’s a great move to upsell the DT fans to a more expensive, feature-full product.

3 Likes

Here is another speculation focus: what would next ST firmware bring on the table?
I know I’d love AR’s recent Euclidean mode for sure!

It seems Elektron is pushing their paradigm even further, they have some work ahead before they push these improvements on the other instruments.

Kudos to them!
Elektron are still my favorite instruments by far!!

8 Likes

43 Likes

What is missing here is the physical size… i think many people would miss a digi sized sampler if digitakt is no more… i certainly would

5 Likes

What i would like to see most in my sintakt is the control all latch function. Right now I’m using a magnet to hold the trk key. I use all aspects of syntakt, including as an analog warmer for other gear/software, and as a digital 8 voice synth and 3 voice analog.

Euclidean would not be bad either. And for sure they are going to bring out new machines. I expect one analog, possibly something more ring mod based, and maybe an additive or phase distortion digital machine

1 Like

Just saying… All’y’all Sanctimony sounds like a band I’d listen to.

4 Likes

who told you that Digitakt is no longer in production?

it would be a decision made by someone with no business acumen at all

The Digitakt is not going away.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a beast, the right balance between capable and immediate imo. And it sounds really great.

[Woman] What’s the secret, Peter?
[Peter] Naturally, I’ll say it’s the wine
[Woman] Mmmm, it does go well with the chicken!

6 Likes