What's next for Elektron?

yeah, and this (link) happened before that. I guess it was about two big players testing the waters and coming to an arragenement in the end

I see something similar with general supermarket chains like LIDL. LIDL is so big that they can tell other companies, that they only take their product, if these companies also produce the same product with a cheaper LIDL label on them and let LIDL sell them, too… use of monopoly at it’s finest…

So, let’s put another conspiracy on the line :smiley: Maybe the Digitakts became too expensive for Thomann. I mean, I bough my Digitakt for like 700 EUR new? And now it’s how much? 899?

3 Likes

Can anyone remember when they brought other mk2s did the same thing happen? Was there much of a delay between out of stock and the mk2 announcement?

Wondering as I was thinking of getting a digital but might wait now.

1 Like

You see this is why this is bad for Elektron, and also customers, if Thomann replies are bull

2 Likes

That’s hilarious. I remember seeing the original film in theaters and all the kids crying when Optimus Prime dies. It was epic.

2 Likes

I’m not sure which generation i should stick with. I have them all. ;S There’s a lot of combinations you can do already. It’s mind boggling if your a bit out of your loop.

Could be EoL, then a wait for stock to sell out. Then launch something that could be a completely different beast.

Has anyone checked any store besides thomann about the EoL status?

Haha, yeah, I also saw the original as a kid.

Edit: Also, for you or anyone else who hasn’t see the full clip from Robot Chicken, here it is. It’s hilarious.

4 Likes

No, we have to let the brilliant professional business people here sort it out. They say that the best customer service is to not dignify the senile ramblings of the biggest distributor in the instrument businesses by replying and saying “no, actually it’s not discontinued.” That’s way beneath a company that tries to sell their products, and could cause confusion and change people’s purchasing behavior – unlike every music forum online, the brands facebook group, etc spreading the rumor. That could never influence peoples purchasing behavior! I do this for a living, don’t worry!

13 Likes

I don’t know. Probably this ordeal was at least mentioned in a meeting at elektron and they are deciding what to do… but maybe they are just eating popcorn

1 Like

I imagine supplier told thomann they had a new one coming, thomann only ordered what they knew they could sell but ran out quicker than expected, and elektron is either aware of that and okay with it being used to drum up hype or mad that its given away their game and like you say, figuring out what to say. But I don’t see many realistic scenarios where there’s not a replacement of some sort coming based on whats going on.

“Revert”. To the roots. Monomachine MK3 confirmed.

19 Likes

That says “Pervert”! Everyone in this thread should be ashamed of themselves.

15 Likes

This is going to be a helluva ride for internet historians when they read this kind of threads in 100 years

13 Likes

No more humans left. Only AI laughing at us while making beats on OT MKII

2 Likes

Do you mean… there won’t be any OT MKIII ?!

Didn’t have time for MKIII. No more humans left :robot:

1 Like

I’ll take at least one of whatever’s next -unless it sucks which it wont

2 Likes

I imagine that Elektron has figured out that a lot of used Octatracks are on the market because a lot of people buy it thinking they are getting an upgraded Digitakt and find it confusing/overkill.

They can probably give the Digitakt all of the features from the Octatrack that most Digitakt users want while leaving out the more advanced features and keep selling both machines. Octatrack can remain for power users, sell the Digitakt MK2 for a price closer to the Octatrack, and reduce the amount of barely used Octatracks on the used market.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about - real theories. Not this “finger wagging at everyone with an educated guess unless we’re 100% sure” business, which totally defeats the fun of the thread

1 Like