What's next for Elektron?

…first and for now…we’ll see quite some time passing with heaps of updates…
all what’s new in basic functions that came with the st, like keyboardfoldings etc. will find their way into the other digis, too…and heaps and heaps of new improovements for the st, since this machine has come to stay…

and once st has seen it’s first new little next sonic machines here and there and has become solid and tradition again, some new ot like sampling/streaming meets wavetable and all kinds of granular trix device will be on it’s rise…slowly but surely…

with a good chance, we’ll see it also coming in another digi footprint…

4 Likes

Why though? There’s plenty of other types of synths and drum machines or noise boxes they can make from other types of synthesis.

Wavetable synthesis, granular synthesis, L.A. synthesis, vector synthesis, spectral synthesis just to name a few… They could do one of each and have tons more stuff to throw out there in that size of box instead of just the digitone/syntakt/digitakt and keep going for years!

1 Like

So… I just now saw something on FB in Elektron’s “Stories” section- a quick shot of what appears to be a Model series screen with the word “NOISE” on it. Then it was gone, not accessible on their page or anything. The rest of the panel was obscured by white chunks of stuff in an arty Elektron promo shot way.

Is this actually a new device? An old photo of the M:C? Something random?

5 Likes

@DonovanDwyer is up for another speculation thread.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I’m still hoping for something like this

Or

I’d love a mini m:octatrack. complete with slicing, resampling, mini crossphader & scenes.

6 Likes

That close to Syntakt’s release ? I bet that will be
a sample/preset pack.

Still dreaming

24 Likes

I still prefer these colors and format tho

9 Likes

Probably just a new soundpack. At best a firmware update for M:C with a couple of new machines. Of course I didn’t believe Syntakt was real, either.

3 Likes

It is the ad of the Model Sample
If you look on instagram there is a sponsored video running with the below image showing Noise like you said

1 Like

Mystery solved! Thank you :metal:

Qustion is, will there be more model:machines? I kinda like the concept, and like the new Roland compacts. But the battery thing failed, and the copetition is pretty though. Maybe needs a round on the ol Darwing board for some refinements

1 Like

I’ll take either…or both!

1 Like

Bummer! I want a noise box :stuck_out_tongue:

I know it is unlikely, but I would love it if Elektron made an additive synth in the DT/DN form factor.

Additive synthesis makes very weird and interesting sounds, and I feel like having it with Elektron’s machine approach, where all the machines/ filters/ effects are really just manipulating partials in a sine bank would be very powerful. Combined with Elektron’s sequencer, it would be super cool.

Razor is probably the most popular additive synth. It revolves around the sinebank oscillator in Reaktor which is like a large set of partials, that can be used to make basically any sound. So, all of the oscillator parameters, filters, effects ect… are really just manipulating the partials rather than actual filters/effects on a signal path.

Having an additive resynthesis machine would be very cool too (like found in additive synths like Loom, Harmor, or sort of like the vocoder in Razor)

11 Likes

There is a massive lack of FFT/ additive hardware and software. Madrona has a new one coming out that will do both of those things, which is encouraging.

But a hardware box would be cool too. Xaoc Odessa is a good HW option but…. Eurorack… and expensive and needs modulation, sequencing and processing.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about the Madrona one. I have Odessa, and I love it. It sounds great. I modulate it from Bitwig (via expert sleepers modules) or nerdseq.

I feel like something like an Elektron box with “machines” that manipulate partials would just be a great way of working with additive synthesis, and lead to all sorts of weird sound happy accidents.

syntakt has entered the chat

1 Like