What's next for Elektron?

OK, my math was slightly mistaken.

1 Like

Phase 7 is gonna take a while, but no worries, Octatrakt will keep everyone busy until then.

3 Likes

The new T-shirt design seems to imply that the Syntakt is the last part of the “digi trio”. I wouldn’t hold them to anything from a T-shirt, but I think either another big box or a model are in the pipeline.

2 Likes

Overtrack

2 Likes

Maybe its a sign they will work more on firmware updates!

They’re not mutually exclusive

So every Band-Shirt showing the cover of the current album says to the public: Hey, this is our last album, because, if we release a new one, that would deprecate the t-shirt?!

1 Like

Well I did also say that a t shirt might not necessarily dictate product development, it’s speculation. But reading is overrated!

Also a better comparison would be a “complete works” t shirt. An album t shirt would be a Syntakt t shirt. Metaphors are hard.

This. An Octatrack that is an Overbridge host. Keeps audio in the digital domain, becomes less limited by how many A/D converters & analog inputs it has. & can record straight to storage medium.

4 Likes

i’m actually very surprised they haven’t released an Octatrack successor - even if they didn’t totally replace it with a newly designed product, a version with Overbridge i thought was a no-brainer…

6 Likes

If they offered an unlock code to enable sampling on the Syntakt, for example - at a reasonable price - would that work as a model? Talking of it as a basic concept of extra features for those that are willing to pay more. Appreciate there are pros and cons for this approach, including whether it fits company ethos morally, etc.

G

I really feel that everyone with hopes of another flagship will only be disappointed, at least for a few years.

2 Likes

I think they play things safe now so we will never see another Octatrack which nearly does everything. Products now seem more strategically placed feature wise.

I hope they file for a new trademark soon!

2 Likes

Maybe, but I don’t think it’s absurd to expect a new big box sampler that may have (some) OT functionalities.

I’m not sure, but it seems that there’s a lot of demand for something like an upgraded OT. If there is, I don’t know why they wouldn’t think about it.

3 Likes

Hopefully a monomachine inspired syntone and an Elektron daw controller and vst software that brings the Elektron workflow to the daw

1 Like

Like Overbridge without the hardware part?

Yes a controller and vst sequencer for either their own plugins or existing ones, where you can parameter lock your entire linear arrangement in a daw arrange window

That seems suicidal for their gear.

1 Like