What's next for Elektron?

I miss a good groovebox on the market. Something with the MC707’s capabilities, the Elektron sequencing and a user friendly ui/navigation. The menu diving kills my desire to use all in 1 boxes.

3 Likes

Miditrack - only midi - neighbor midi machines, note écho, different sequencers, midi enveloppes, random, all scales.
Maybe a track for input audio, with analog filters.

1 Like

I can see them doing a Heat style FX unit.

I can also very much see them doing a new synth the size of the DT/DN.

I would however most off all love to see a mixer/performance unit that ties the ecosystem together and glues the sounds.
As been mentioned before, something that connects through overbridge with all the new units and can also communicate through midi with the OT (which can do CC reply). Giving us access to faders for the sound channels while also giving us encoders for extra control over parameters on our units. Multichannel out over USB for multitrack recording. Limiter and compression fx to glue sounds together. Umo was right on the nose in his video a few years back but as far as I’m concerned it can be bigger (size of the MK2 units if necessary) with a larger screen and plenty of controls. It may not bring in many new customers but it would create drive for people to dive deeper into the ecosystem.

2 Likes

I’d love to see the Model devices feed back to immediacy in the “high end” line.

1 Like

yeah,
with KILLER sound
and no limitations

#metoo

Found it: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitone-digitakt-breakout-box-work-in-progress

Thanks.

2 Likes

And some better effects.

$3,000 and it’s not even the UW version. Elektron please help put these people out of business.

1 Like

Sēdetrack

8 inputs (A-H)
16 tracks

1 Like

Given that things have taken a “sharp turn”, who knows what will come next. I suspect most guesses in this thread are going to be some way off.

3 Likes

Unless a sharp turn is going to be re releasing the MnM and MD, idk how good a “sharp turn” is.

3 Likes

They’re going all in on VST’s

A venture capitalist took over the company and saw that hardware is redundant and the manufacturing cost is hemorrhaging the company, cut all ties with the hardware people and put the software people in cages and have them slam out VST’s 24/7…

7 Likes

Hopefully said hardware people would go off and make new hardware somewhere else, that I will happily support.

I guess all businesses get big enough to lose their “family vibe” but damn, pretty depressing if it happens to Elektron.

2 Likes

oh no. Cos there are still plenty of firmware bugs to fix. Man, I hope they open source their firmware.

Lol. I thought the exact same thing.

1 Like

Elektron Cloud™ :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

lol nailed it!

1 Like

I mean, they’re not wrong if they’re in the business of making money. Everywhere I worked that made software you buy pivoted to software you subscribe to, it’s just a money waterfall.

Sad.

2 Likes

No fika breaks in them cages.

5 Likes

I hope we’re wrong :grimacing::joy: