What's next for Elektron?

A no-brainer Elektron backup app.

9 Likes

Elektron backup

I’d love to be able to save the state of entire project, samples and all yea!
Overbridge needs this too, would be great to be able to save the samples and everything to a ableton session and then just transfer the samples to the box as part of the sync when needed.

2 Likes

Ach, I absolutely wish we could have that fidelity and sound with the flexibility of the OT.

Is there one? Pretty sure the Assimil8or doesn’t time stretch.

1 Like

Rate and pitch are independent.

It would be nice to have a full backup solution integrated in Overbridge as well, but I’d be satisfied to “just” have an app that would enable me to easily “click and drop” to backup/restore entire projects (including samples) or the whole machine to my computer and back again. It is hard to understand, why such app doesn’t exist already?

The ability to rearrange projects position on the Elektron box would be nice as well.

4 Likes

I read that on a forum, but according to the doc, it seams not possible to change the rate.
The youtube demos that impressed me where mostly playing just with pitch.

A video synthesizer in Digi-line format :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

I would love that too
They have to work on that one…

I sent a bug report to Elektron since my transfer app keeps crashing when sending sysex file back to rytm :frowning:

I was informed that they are indeed working on an update to Transfer to allow you to drag and drop projects + samples onto your computer. (for both rytm+digitakt I imagine) I’ve asked for an ETA but can’t imagine they will be able to reveal that info :smiley: fingers crossed it’s soon, the last few years of Transfer updates have been in February, so hopefully we are just a few months late this time round and we don’t need to wait till NEXT Feb :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Nice!

4 Likes

my suggestion from way back, love MicroTonic :slight_smile:

I’d love them to make a Digi box that you could load diff oscillator types into, like all those wonderful Korg user oscillators incl MI Braids and Plaits open source ones, of which there are many superb quality ones. mix and match them in two/three slots with x8 -16 note polyphony would be awesome

Monomachine Mk2 (user and open source OSC’s plugins)

3 Likes

Mixer, loads of analog and digital mixers out there already, I use a Behringer XR18 for all my Elektron gear its digital, 2x FX slots and x3 stereo sends and it doubles up as an x18 in/out USB Audio interface for PC or iPad. Superb value for money! I can send DT/RYTM audio to my ipad through some FX plugins and back into the mixer as a return

Midi controllers - ten a penny now, all either USB or MIDI, no need for Elektron to do!

Want an SD card, get a Blackbox1010, perfect buddy for the DT Mk1!

Baseboard - buy a vesa arm and bolt on a wooden shelf, dead easy and cheap!

I want them in the same physical form. I want them to share the screen and controls. One thing about hardware that’s annoying is it’s messy. It doesn’t fit together. I want it to fit together like a set.

2 Likes

Body modification so that you can finally become an electronic synthesizer yourself.

2 Likes

I want: Digitakt MKII w/stereo sampling, expanded storage, time stretch function, song mode.

6 Likes

How to kill the Octatrack.

3 Likes

There is probably not enough demand for this to become an actual Elektron product, but I’d really love to have it:

A box that allows me to plug in one (or two) of my Overbridge-enabled devices via USB, and get outputs of individual tracks. This would allow us to send individual tracks into an audio interface or outboard mixer, being able to process each separate channel without a computer. I’m thinking 2 USB ins, 3.5mm MIDI in, midi out/thru, and 8 analog outs. This all probably wouldn’t fit in the “Digi” format, so it would need to be at least as wide as an MK1 box. Maybe add in some onboard FX and a sequencer?
You should be able to configure which device channel is mapped to which output, including the master. This way I could have, for example, 4 individual DT channels and all channels of the Analog 4 coming out. Or the master of the DT coming out of two, and any number of individual channels coming out of the remaining 6.

Am I nutz?

5 Likes

Tough to say because I’m mainly an Octatrack and Monomachine user… but I would be bummed if the next product moves us more in the direction of Overbridge, because my whole setup is based on routing through mixer/hardware.

1 Like

It doesn’t do timestretch, but…

just re-pitch algo and sample phase modulation, and all that control over bit depth / rate and aliasing, scrub and shuttle sound so so good… also with high resolution samples… mmmm… heaven for microscopic / glitch electronics, experimental etc…

I would kill for a “octatrack” type of device with Dave’s sampling algorythms, filters and all the technology he recently showed with his modules… I’ve tried to contact him and point on this idea: please make us a SP1200 of the 21th century… but unfortunately afaik he has no intention to do so…