What's next for Elektron?

lol nailed it!

1 Like

I mean, they’re not wrong if they’re in the business of making money. Everywhere I worked that made software you buy pivoted to software you subscribe to, it’s just a money waterfall.

Sad.

2 Likes

No fika breaks in them cages.

5 Likes

I hope we’re wrong :grimacing::joy:

@MichaalHell I would not be at all surprised but damn if that wouldn’t be depressing.

Watch they make the MD/MM code into a VST.

In reality it’s sound business, so if someone became a CEO with intentions of making money and not giving a crap about the Elektron legacy, then I could really see it happen…

2 Likes

On the plus side all your gear just became heir looms. BRB gonna by an Octatrack

1 Like

“Now you too can be SOPHIE. For 9.99 euro a month.”

10 Likes

Ooh god the horror, talk about sacrilege.

1 Like

Yep this smells like software incoming to me as well. Maybe something like the push which could be controlled with dedicated hardware, but may depend on PC processing power. I’m not totally opposed to it, but like many of you I think I will be watching their next release very closely for hints at their future direction.

1 Like

Hmmm. If Elektron’s flagship star is the OT, then it makes me realize this sort of way of making music, as with the MD, is basically fairly rooted in old school hardware process: limitations breed creativity, working within the confines of a system/UI, the monochrome utilitarian screen…
But we are definitely heading toward a tech revolution coupled with streamlined Capitalism that, for upcoming generations, the Legacy up to now may perhaps be unmarketable. [Perhaps] Elektron can no longer a “boutique” specialized product line with a stubborn philosophy of a particular musician in mind to be able to compete and be profitable towards a virtual cloud-based future…not if their potential market are young, new to producing, and will expect those ‘limitless possibilities’ and instant gratification.
Windows 10 revealed that the modern laptop is nothing more than an interface to the web/cloud…I am not for any of this, myself and frequently yell at clouds. But this comes to mind looking at it purely from a business POV…which is pretty brutal IMO

do not fear, fear is the mind killer, elektron will be alright

2 Likes

Actually an Ableton Push type thing but from Elektron with an Elektron type box as the controller, that sequencer… id buy that.

6 Likes

elektron is the only company that could do that and have me still be interested

With MIDI host capability and enough MIDI outs to sequence the existing hardware.

That can work outside of a DAW.

Hmm. Still want my A4 and AR though.

Something like a full-featured tracker program/plug-in with dedicated hardware controls would be insane. The elektron workflow is often similar to a tracker in a box anyway (not complaining, I love it). But having the benefit of a real monitor screen could give users a lot more info and control.

Linked to a modular build your own Elektron synth.

1 Like

The question is not only WHAT but WHEN!?
Around September - Superbooth time?

1 Like

If Elektron do go more software based, I’d love to see their take on a Nord Modular. A nice program for arranging your modules/routings etc, then a classy new style of box for physically controlling everything just like it is a standalone unit.

5 Likes

I started a topic about this last year with more details, but in a couple of words > I would really love to see the new updated elektron modular sequencer > each track can trigger all kind of events on other tracks, steps can change track parameters, pitch conditions and probability, parameter conditions etc… It all could be programmed with an app on the computer screen in a Nord Modular manner > perfect!

And if we talk about new “modular” Octatrack > a sample based groove box with modular computer interface where we can build “track setups” > mix different kind of filters, sample engines, modulators…

Finally we can choose an engine for each track > modular sampler / fm / or drum or whatever.

Would be hell of fun!

3 Likes