What's next for Elektron?

so many details and even a name - this feels less like a prediction and more like a time traveller returning from the future to let us know what’s in store.

4 Likes

Lol okay, cool

How will Elektron be impacted by the recent departures (Ess, Troberg)?

Is Troberg Olle? What did Olle do? I remember he was a bit active here some time ago.

I think it will impact Elektron only if the remaining / new employees stop looking into this forum. So hopefully they keep going. As long as people like Cenk stay… and hopefully they bring out a mixer like the 1010 Bluebox

2 Likes

Performance mixer that connects OB Elektrons over multiple (4?) USB connections and has physical inputs (also 4?) for OT and other devices. Then, a 7-inch touchscreen (or just a large screen that’s very well integrated with multifunction encoders for moving each onscreen function) for each of the devices’ OB plugin. Faders a must for a mixer, as well as kill switches, DJ EQ and a master compressor and overdrive for gelling things together. The device should be able to connect to a computer for something like 16 tracks of multitrack recording into a DAW. This isn’t what they’ll do but it would be very cool.

4 Likes

Troberg is Daniel Troberg - a key element in creating the Octatrack :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah… yeah I remember reading the blog article with the title “Is this the end of Elektron!!!”

1 Like

6 mono inputs minimum please! 6 outs if possible… would be killer. All routable. Simple FX. I don’t need faders. Design can be like the Digis with customizable UI to map all you want to the 6 knobs.

1 Like

Is it confirmed forsure that Ollie left? I know that he’s inactive on this forum. I would just like a solid answer.

I’m pretty sure the Model series has sold fewer units than either the Digi series or the flagship stuff.

I’m actually glad to see him move on. His work at Elektron was great. My entry into the Elektron line was the Model:Cycles, I now have a Digitakt and Digitone as well. I really like the Elektron stuff. The sequencer is fantastic, the synth stuff is really great, but I don’t see myself wanting more than I have from Elektron. I don’t really need another Elektron style sequencer, and am more interested in more hands on, simple, weird, niche instruments. The Elektron devices are amazing but they all have pretty similar methods of working, which means that there is a good bit of overlap.

I guess it is just where I am in my hardware journey, I no longer need a box that can do everything, or a huge variety of things, like the elektron devices can, because I already have the devices that can. Because of that I am very interested to see his influence on a different hardware designer.

1 Like

Yes. He confirmed it himself in the private/closed BETA forum in May 2020 when he handed the lead of it over to someone else.

3 Likes

the thing is why would anyone even want an sequencer without conditional trigs, probability etc… no matter who it’s from. I don’t see Elektrons sequencer as an impediment to future innovations I see it more as a vital standard that other devs and manufacturers should adhere to in some form or another… one doesn’t have to use these features if one doesn’t want to but they certainly don’t get in the way of creative development.

Is Baseck trolling or is this a new Digi box?
It sounds like digitone, but I don’t know…

3 Likes

Urgh, the comments just full of hundreds of banal ‘sick!!!’ :fire: :alien: (/rant)

Is it something in front of (well, behind) the DN? Someone else commented that it was a MK2. But anyway, looks like trolling to me. Why would companies give new equipment to people like this if they were going to do these and ruin the surprise and marketing efforts.

2 Likes

I also meant Digitakt/Digitone. They are “down-market” from the Analog/Octa line at half the price. The Digitakt sold like hit cakes, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Model lines also sell well, just to people that aren’t typically on this forum. Most Novation Circuit users are probably not here either, and we know that device printed money.

Looks like and sounds like a digitone you can see the 4 track select buttons and white trig keys… possibly a modified case? Or just the pixels make it look different

3 Likes

sounds like digitone to me

1 Like

There is a recent trend for artists to filter out the specific gear in an attempt to get the viewers to focus on the music more, and to also remove the free advertising component. Imagine if guitarists started posting exact models of their guitars in each video, it would be a bit weird.

9 Likes

TBH I don’t blame the artists for doing this, for one certain people get gear sent free to demo/review, but if the artist paid for it from his own money then why should he promote it for free?

Secondly just because the artist is making something using a certain product does it mean that product has to be on show or even mentioned?

They probably get tired of all the questions about the gear, and the “I bought this because of you” comments, with nothing in return.

8 Likes