What's next for Elektron?

Way to take my comment out of context. I said nothing about his artistic abilities. I merely said to ‘people like this’ if (and only if) they were going to ruin marketing efforts by showing off a new box before the company has chance to do it themselves. Anyway, it’s all academic. This is just a Digitone. I had no idea that artists were now masking brands to keep the focus on music as pointed out above. Makes sense to me.

3 Likes

The phrase jumped out at me as vague and open to misinterpretation, so I was just looking for clarification.

people like that = instagram influencers

2 Likes

All good. I’ll try to be more careful with my phrasing in future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love civility in this forum

10 Likes

Lol at digitone mkll, that won’t be a thing for atleast another 3 years

I really like the video though. and his use of the amen break rhythm :smiley:

I love the elektron sequencer, but it takes a certain attitude, one that requires a decent amount of programming. As far as performance tools you sort of have to build them yourself with fill trigs and things like that.

I have been wanting a sequencer that can help with musical ideas. Like you give it a basic melody and it inserts notes based on a chosen key/chord. Something like the NDLR, that is a bit more serendipitous and works with you.

I think I find my creative limitations to be inside myself rather than anything Elektron makes. For me it just doesn’t often come to mind to do a lot of the creative things you can do with the sequencer. I think it would be cool to have a sequencer that automates some aspect of music creation. Not unlike the type of fun you can have with a really good arppegiator.

3 Likes

yeah generative features would be ace, and they’ve already got generative timing possibilities so it’s not that far off

1 Like

I have been having an absolute ball with the digitone arp on 1/32 speed and with like 4 octaves. Instant NES zelda vibes. I love devices that can take my lack of skill and turn it into something nice.

2 Likes

Or never since Ess is leaving.

2 Likes

I don’t know what is next, but my personal dream would be a box that uses physical modeling like MI Elements, MI Rings, Intellijel Plonk, Ableton Collision, etc.

4 Likes

#Analog 8
8 voices. 8 internal tracks, 8 external MIDI tracks, all with max polyphony of 8 notes. Separate MFX/sound + current Global FX. Single mode. A4/AR form factor. Song mode.

#Digitone+
32 voices, 6 op FM. 8 internal tracks, 8 external MIDI tracks, all with max polyphony of 8 notes. Separate MFX/sound + current Global FX. Single mode. A4/AR form factor. Song mode.

7 Likes

How about a Monomachine VST?

1 Like

I personally hope Elektron never goes that way. I’m quite sure they won’t.

4 Likes

I think we need all black Digitone Keys (or Analog Keys mk2 in DNK-style), with all black keyboard like this

or

or

7 Likes

Not sure we need, but it’s pretty :slight_smile:

Edit: OK, I agree we need an AK mk2 ^^

1 Like

What about a new Model ? They already covered samples and FM with the previous ones so coud the next one be a mini analog synth ? That could be why they’re still waiting to release the power handle, that would be a good timing for them to release both. There is so much place to speculate haha.

2 Likes

I won’t lie. I saw this and started crunching numbers.

2 Likes

new covid lockdown here in france… we need a new elektron box right NOW!!!

Monomachine?