What's next for Elektron?

Haha… Right on… :smile:
I’m cool as long as we don’t get Model:PlayButton… :joy:

I remember Elektron was registering the name DigiStrike

2 Likes

Digistrike: three wrong notes and you are out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I want a DigiDNA…

I have this euro module by Pittsburgh modular.
Its digital but never stays in tune…but it is wickid when its working.

It has 2 oscillators, each with many interesting waveforms and each with variable pitch… they modulate each other using a selected mathmatical program function…its nasty.

With elektron sequencing and plocking this concept would be awesome as a Digi box…or at least as a machine…

1 Like

An Analog 4 could sequence this using CV too.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that the next big thing from Elektron is going to be a performance mixer of some sort. My theory is that it will have some features from Analog Heat, Octatrack, some FX busses, and control-all (maybe). Thinking about how full-featured the elektron lineup is with sound sources, it makes sense to me that the next big thing is a mixer to bring all those boxes together. There’s also the recent video from TSR19 where Bobeats is jamming and chatting with Cenk. As usual, Cenk professes his love for the Octatrack, but says several times “I rrrreallly need a performance mixer.”

I guess we won’t have to wait that long to find out…

[edited for clarity after being moved to this thread – thanks!]

5 Likes

Man I sooooo hope you 're right…

1 Like

Stalling on the Digitone OB2 software makes me suspect Superbooth will bring us something new in that corner, prob Digikeys, and all the software that comes with it. Formfactor is hopefully smaller than the Analog keys, would love a more DX100 style approach.

Superbooth, Digikeys, OB2 full suite.

4 Likes

I think i’ve read about possible upcoming perfomance mixer elektron since the release of the analogs. Well maybe this time :slight_smile:

There is already an Elektron performance mixer (released some “days” ago).

For no obvious reason they named it Dynamic Performance Sampler.

6 Likes

Superbooth, hopefully the release of Overbridge 2.0
Mono analog synth in the Model:Samples form factor might also be logical.

OS updates for the A4mk2 & ARmk2 focused on display feedback more icon based like the DT & Digitone.

4 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear that they will release other cheap Model:[x] lineup boxes before doing anything else ‘pro’.

1 Like

Was it near lethal? Do you have to go through a GAStric Bypass procedure?

2 Likes

Seriously.

A lot of these predictions already exist :smiley:

I’m guilty of this too, for a while I was like “Elektrons going to do their version of a modular system”

After thinking about it for a while, I realized that it was actually the Analog 4 and that I already own it

2 Likes

Got my money on Digikeys of some sort…

I’ve heard a rumor that elektron could release a “traditional” synth with keys, as the follower of the analog neys, with at least 8 voices or more. It could be digital, like the digitone, or analog like the a4…maybe it has several engines from all the device…but that’s a rumor, no one knows if it’s true…

Unless new products are brought completely unexpected by the stork like babies, at least someone at Elektron needs to know. :wink:

1 Like

How prescient!

Email from Elektron today about Elektron Studios opening in Berlin on 8 May says “And there will be one more debut that evening. The flourish of the day will see the introduction of another Elektron family member to those present.”

4 Likes

They’ve cloned Cenk?!

13 Likes

Model:Cenk

14 Likes