What the (my) world needs is... (warning: sampler)

Ye… I might end up doing the same for long evolving texture type sounds… I can sneak through on the tsp, but would rather save sample time for other sounds. Interested in how you go teaming them up… particularly sync wise. I always have fear of sync issues until proven otherwise!..

So it seems SP16 must be master, just tested out midi to BM3 (ipad pro) triggers pads and responds to transport commands flawlessly so far.
Not the same but since I just invested in new ipad pro will see how this current combo pairs up before I take the plunge (1010 Blackbox)

I am thinking of getting the new MOTU M4 ( giving me inputs physical inputs to sample into BM3)

SP-16=>MOTU M4=>iPad Pro (BM3) vs SP-16=>BB ?

Yes - so as master seems to be the only way to get it to sync up… had to change my setup “plan” a little, but that’s fine… :slight_smile: very tight as master to digitakt (well… basically everything I’ve tried it with).

Not too familiar with iOS stuff or the m4 tbh…

Okay, makes perfect sense. I didn’t see you mention slicing, that’s why I thought the TR8S could work.

1 Like

Yeah… as I was searching and searching, I was really after something that could do say 4+ hits per drum channel (either multisampled or just slices / sample chains); maybe some audio loops (e.g. ambient background shit); and ideally some proper sliced loops and semi sliced drum rolls etc.

Tsp16 CAN’T do all of that specifically (e.g. no multisamples), and the game plan changed (cant trigger slices remotely which is a shame - I’d originally intended to sequence everything from my digitakt midi channels and just use pads for live improvs)… but with some work around and shared sequencing tasks, it’s just nailing what I was ultimately wanting to hear and do (in terms of live set length / abilities) so who cares :wink: Its a core-groove mega beast if you put the time in to set up samples how you want to use them… and with careful sample chain creation, you can squeeze out a lot more than the 16 patterns (based on only 1 allowed “sample” per pad per bank) × 16 banks… I’m popping together chains for 4 different evolving tracks per bank… not sure if that will make a lot of sense to people who dont own a tsp16, but yeah… it’s pretty damn useful for the style I write (tech house / techno)…

FWIW the BB can do pretty much the same… minus an extra pair if outputs (which I’ll be using)… perhaps it does a bit more than tsp16 tbh; but yeah - I like the tsp form factor and got to demo it :wink:

SP-16 no question is best sampler on market since Pioneer lowered the MAP to USD$899
You get a stereo analog filter that is worth the price of admission and also the only sampler on the market (apart from Waldorf Quantum) where what you sample sounds better than the source !

1 Like

The SP16 is still 1189€ in Europe :cry:

…or wait…a little…for…

the final answer in sampling whatsoever and beyond…

the OCTATRACK TWO…

i’m pretty sure they will hear u…and ALL ur whishes…

I’ve been wondering these days if the Toraiz SP16 would suit my live jamming needs better than my MPC Live, but alas, I’m also in Europe and at the original retail price I’m not too interested in giving it a shot.