What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I fink Ess confirmed a while ago all the engineers who worked on the OT are still at the company. or most of em or something.

I get the feeling they’ll suprise us all in a few years with some kind of successor. not necessarily an mk3 but perhaps a new box that covers some of the same ground and more.
just a hunch.

4 Likes

I will enjoy an Overbridge box with USB input for DT or DN and 8 or 4 analog output for mixing out the tracks from theses boxes.

1 Like

Then it might be best to go by statements made by Elektron staff rather than misinformation from other forums.

2 Likes

Nice, I had looked for some kind of official statement but couldn’t find anything. Good to know!

Hey, that is cool that the digitakt is gaining some cred in hiphop. On the extending the line-up point, I think it is a very good thing really . … but I just wanted to deflate any pessimism here that Elektron won’t keep investing in their totl boxes. Now that the mkIIs are out I see an iconic aesthetic and workflow that will likely recieve no updates for 5-6 more years while they recoup their costs launching a whole range of other cheaper boxes. DSI got 10 years out of the prophet 08 and then launched the Rev2 which was a solid iteration and everyone was happy. I see a path like that happening with the A4 and AR but given the OT is the odd one out re OB and quality of FX etc then I see that getting ‘brought’ into the totl as a mkIII earlier than 6 years time. Or should I say an OT followup e.g expanded DT architecture as that would make most sense in terms of R&D costs

Hey, yeah totally agree on the blurring of the lines point you make on the DT , esp now that we have a digitone keys that costs the same (thomann price) as some of the totl boxes. I would love to try out DN , and will hopefully when in London in September. I really think the keys move was genius as I had my OP1 at TE for repairs for 5 months and only had my DT and later OT to use, which was great but once I got my OP1 back I realised that a whole dimension of expression just isn’t possible via the Elektron sequencer. So I have decided to build my setup around a 16voice Rev2 , using OT for percussion and routing as mixer for Rev2 and VOX via my Roland VT4. I am just not in love with the sound of the DN so would rather use a Rev2 , but for some folks out there the DN keys will likely be a fantastic all in one instrument!

Yeah the OT sequencer is great, but does seem a little rigid vs playing actual keys (and I can’t play for shit). My set up hinges around the OT and Virus (and a few other synths, but mostly the virus), and I do hit limitations in the sequencer. I’ve found that sometimes just recording myself playing a phrase on a synth, and then loading that into a sampler track is good enough to get those more expressive/organic results.

Still want a sequencer with inputs and fxs for my other outboard…16 midi channels and audio inputs should cover it…thanks in advance

With Monomachines fetching almost TB-303 prices do you think Elektron may reissue or make a MK3?
Back by popular demand !!! Its a licence to print money for Elektron considering its the only machine of theirs that constantly fetch’s way more than original retail price and now its cultishly revered.!!!

No.

7 Likes

Yes. I figured since no one actually knows we should have both opinions.

1 Like

End scene.

3 Likes

some people are trying to get high prices for mono’s, dunno how successful they are tbh.
there are sound people out there who are asking realistic prices under 1k euro. I got a mint mk2+ recently for 750 euro.

3 Likes

Id argue that there is almost a TB-303 frenzy happening with this silver box. Any reasonable priced Mnomachine is gone within hours. I saw this same behaviour with the TB in the early 90’s

reissue culture seems pretty antithetical to elektron’s ethos as a progressive company. i for one hope they continue to move forward in perpetuity.

5 Likes

To let Overbridge 2.0 part of the MIDI 2.0 protocol to make Overbridge universal so it’s adapted by the MIDI Manufacturers Association.

1 Like

how do you figure? they have made Mk II of nearly everything so far

2 Likes

i see this as different than reissuing out of print, old gear

A polyphonic merge of something similar to OT mk2 and AR mk2 with significant better velocity sensitive pads. Different machines. I don’t need them to be analogue though. For hats, cymbals, snares and hand drums I prefer acoustic sounds (I don’t like those synth based ones on AR). But for kicks and low-mid frequency type percs I prefer synthesized.
I don’t care about OB, I just want individual outs.
So essentially some sort of Elektron workstation to some extend.

1 Like

Elektron P-clock

A midi master clock driven by Overbridge.
sync your midi hardware devices to your daw acurately.
Featuring a cross fader and a “p-clockable” sequencer with crazy clock operators, mad clock shifts… :crazy_face: