What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

A bugfree device?

3 Likes

And an improved stretch!

No such thing.

Basically an A4 like box in Digitone/Digitakt format size. I think this would complete the Digixxxx Line.

Thoughts ?

5 Likes

Totally rad, Iā€™d rather see a Octatrack 2 or something like that though.

4 Likes

I think a dual-voice VCO machine from the Rytm with A4 patch complexity in Digi format would be amazing. Iā€™d buy that in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

I have a Digitone, Digitakt, A4 Mk1 and AR MK1, I have learned more about my A4 and AR from using the Digi stuff due to its simpler workflow and much prefer the size.

1 Like

Me Too !!

I LOVE my digitakt and digitone.
It size makes me want to buy the Heat.
Iā€™d definitely get any other box they released in this format

1 Like

A three-VCO monosynth with a dual analogue filter and a lot of cross-modulation options (eg being able to do 3-operator analogue FM) would be very interesting.

5 Likes

These are the 4 boxes I have too. Just debating whether to sell the RYTM and keep three. :thinking:

Laptop with p-lock

1 Like

A new bike lock. the P-lock :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got some small requests, possibly to be combined into one?..

A full fledged Mixer/Groovebox

Something in the way of a great standalone Hardware Overbridge like Mixer, where you can hook up all your favorite Elektron gear as if it was just an Overhub to become this giant ā€˜super robotā€™ (yes, 80s cartoons, iā€™m hopeless/wasted)

• All individual TRK multis into a digital mixing environment
  • Routing, grouping, bussing, master bus
  • Sidechaining, automation of mixer parameters, automation of hooked up gear
  • PreAmp (gain staging)
  • Surgical EQ, compression, EQ2
  • Send FX
  • Plus all the obvious mixer stuff
  • External inputs/send fx

The groovebox part!

A full blown sequencer along the lines of the MC505 i once owned (by means of reference)

• Swing ! (velocity + time)
  • Quanization etc
  • Record parts (or copy directly from the hooked up hardware > PRJ (SNG) > BNK > PTN > TRK
  • SONG chaining parts trom all available banks into a song (like an oldskool Tracker) + Recording sessions while live tweaking chains (mutes, fx modulation/automation, etc) + micro editing
  • Plus moreā€¦

A small stage mixer !
Like the Fulblown mixer, a small stage type mixer to keep all the frequencies from clashing and muddying up the mix + a stack of additional creative effects/filters you can tweak live, etc, etc (maybe do some AH aproach on the master bus?

Something along those lines

3 Likes

Digitakt UW - with real time re/sampling, crossfader & and bandpass filter :smiley: :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Also a decksaver that fits both the DT + DN side by side under one roof?
Elektron Protective Cover PL-2 ā‚¬44,- VS Elektron Protective Cover PL-2s ā‚¬49,- (x2) ???!!!

Whats up with that? Its half the size for God sakes! For a piece of plastic! (Seems a bit of a Shake Down in progress?) With all the plastic soup in the ocean, ā‚¬98,- extra to protect these guys from getting dusty and spilling beer?

1 Like

The elektron mixer/fx/master clocker ā€˜

Yes please

A selectable crossfader and some Richie Hawtin Model One 4 band style eqā€™s, dsp efxā€™s , 6 channels , aux sends .

Canā€™t believe they havenā€™t made it already

2 Likes

I never heard about the DSI Tetra 4 before (been busy) as some guys mentioned this machine a couple of times above, and i do agree! Something similar would be another awesome addition to the Digi-family!!! (What an awesome machine the tetra 4 is!!!)

Did a quick lookup and audio demo > I know what iā€™ve added to my ever-expanding beyond reach whislist. + ā‚¬8000,- worth of DSI stuff (and this is why internet is bad for youā€¦)

I have debated the same thing, as the digitakt covers a lot of the space of the Analog Rytm mk1, If they came out with a ā€œDigilogā€ the A4 would go to and 3 boxes would completely have me covered.

1 Like

D/A Multi Hub
Hereā€™s something i would like:

Seeing the independent audio channel track outputs on the Digitone Keys, opposed to the desktop Digitone. And all the quirks, (windows error/resets) with Overbridge that makes me wanna give my laptop some sledgehammer treatment.

I would like Elektron to make a (OB-like) Hardware Hub/Interface that splits for instance the Digitoneā€™s output into multis by means of D/A converting. Or the joy of having the Digitakts 8 channel+ outputs for independent processing. (a simple D/A channel out only, without the fancy effects of a fullfledged mixer)

I imagine a setup: Digitakt > D/A Hub > Mixer (+a signalchain with lots of effects in between, re-routing/summing/group-bussing and obviously on the FX send/return) Would be nice to have some more external soundshaping control and do some proper mixing/routing without the agony of Microsofts f* Windows crashing all the time, or any other crappy software sucking the life out of it.

(My Win10 has been crashing over 30 times+ a month and counting !!!, siriously thinking of going back to Win7, if they havenā€™t also rigged it to inadvertently crash/malfunction/slow down by means of the ā€˜last supported updatesā€™ to make users tear their hair out and by using covert psychology tricking them into buying new expensive gear )

Lets have that Overbridge in a box D/A converter, without the hassle of a full fledged mixer (without several audiofaces into one box to struglle with all the digital input of multiple elektron machines to be combined into one core as to be divided/routed and split over multiple audio channels again)

Digitone D/A Hub,
Digitakt D/A Hub, etcā€¦
(or multipurpose, non-machine-specific D/A Hub (with a machine selection/auto-recognition switch?))

1 Like