What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I agree, and with the extra space, they could make room for analog filters.

would it not be a rytm tho ?

5 Likes

nop. Fully digital like the DT, with same easy workflow like the DT

Iā€™d like a rytm in DT form factor without the pads :smile:

3 Likes

a machinedrum/monomachine/octatrack esque super ā€˜machineā€™ based digital box with the rytm mark 2 pads/scene/perf paradigm, new digital machines with all the physical modelling frequency phase distortion modulation machines or whatever plus the classic md/mm machines, new sampling engines like a granular thing etc for the heads, arp and midi arp, scale per track and ping pong diddle dos for the sequencer, digitones voice allocation/stealing workflow so any track could be polyphonic for all the vangelis out there, mod matrix so any parameter from any track can modulate any parameter from any track for the freaks etc, etc ,

make this machine and then maybe more threads about cool stuff like competing methods for synthesizing the sounds of a racquet ball game and less about gear that doesnt exist

5 Likes

A 4 voice analog in a DT/DN form factor with matching sequencer.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Get an A4.

goes back to browsing used DSI Tetra 4 listings on Reverb

6 Likes

Probably shouldnā€™t have said anything. The sub-$400 Tetra is gone. :cry:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been considering used Tetras too, but I would prefer if Sequential would revisit that 4-voice form factor with their current prophets. I love my A4, but thereā€™s something about the way a P6 can do warm brassy pads. Though, Iā€™m not sure I would like the tetra/mopho menu editing?

Once set up, though, a Tetra would be a beast. Itā€™s also the perfect size to include in my Digitakt/Digitone world for live stuff. Iā€™d probably sequence it with the Digitone. :fire::fire::fire::fire:

I think we all know what we really wantā€¦a TRUE successor to The Machinedrum UW. One with the best features of the original (updated digital synthesis) and the sampling and arrangement features of the octatrack, with an additional features like sample lawyers. I personally would love three effects per track, 16 tracks, 14 for synthesis or sampling, track 15 for external sampling with 3 effects and track 16 Being a 4 effect master track and finally 16 midi tracksā€¦price? Expensive. But itā€™s time for Elektron to release a solid Flagship (halo) product, theyā€™ve finally developed a 3 level product line system, now they just need the halo to complete the product model.

5 Likes

It may have been a typo, but I really like the sample lawyers feature. They can let me know beforehand if I am going to get sued or not for using a sample. So thereā€™s a Lawyers button that starts blinking, and then you tap it and a little lawyer dude in a suit pops up on the screen and words like ā€œLitigation Warningā€ start flashing. And then he gives some solid advice, like ā€œIf you trim the last two seconds off that flute solo, youā€™re good.ā€ Now that would be a flagship product.

14 Likes

An analog mixer with the features of an MX-1.

5 Likes

digital drum machine with real-time sampling / resampling, OT style crossfader / scenes.

With an active internet connection and a webservice with upload filters such a feature isnā€™t that futuristic anymore ā€¦ brave new world.

4 Likes

Digi-sized rytm with one velocity sensitive pad like the tr8s.

Digi-sized analog synth.

Machinedrum mk3 with ob and upgraded hw/sequencer.
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

maybe to dedicate time exclusively to fix firm bugs etcā€¦but I understand the trappings of demand for return by investors.

A talking Octatrack. Like Alexa where instead of pressing buttons etc you can just say words like ā€œOcta, mangle thatā€. Or ā€œOcta, Loop thatā€. Blade runner ish idea but why not voice recognition commands.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the best thing Iā€™ve ever heard you say!

mixer. 6 stereo ins, 3 stereo sends, 3 stereo returns, stereo or quad output. (28 in/out total). EQ & compression per channel, LFOs for panning & or envelope followers for panning, scanning the inputs & crossfading. Mute groups. Sprinkle with FX. Multitrack record to SSD drive internally.

7 Likes

Octatrack with about 80 knobs with one knob per function would be freakin ace!

5 Likes