What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

Elektron-Mixing-Desk like Rolands Aira-Mix … but better

[ul]
[li]with internal FX[/li]
[li]Audio-data transfer via USB[/li]
[li]lot of inputs[/li]
[li]AUX[/li]
[li]a sequencer[/li]
[li]SSD inside [/li]
[li]midi-outs for sequencing external gear[/li]
[/ul]

will cost 2000+ Euros

im not an OB-freak, more in-the-box-user

but to be honest… before they start a new gear, they should put some efforts in their update-mentality for the newer line of gear A4/AK/AR and even, if possible, the OT

also would love to see a combination of fx / sequencer / looper

• free track length
  • polyrythms
  • 8 ins/outs
  • additional sidechain inputs for fx and modulations
  • many midi outs, 4 minimum
  • midi fx like on the pyramid sequencer

and: EASY INTERFACE

i really like the novation circuit way to do things and i am sure it could be
done for a fx/sequencer/looper combination too.

keeping things simpler, happy accidents, creative posssibilitie,
fast, non stop working, rely on your ears

+1

I like the many audio and midi outputs very much!

Add a sampler and we have a hyper OT Mark II.

I think side chain would be a programmable feature in the current OT.

The question is: can the recordbuffer be read out , and interpreted. Problem would be probably the read ahead. As there is a delay compensation that should also be possible. I don’t see a reason why the compressor should not get a side chain option when I can re sample internally anyway.

I would also love a mixer with programmable midi sequencer and programmable FX with P locks on the mixer, that would be awesome.
Ideally the FX units would get also programmable macro controls.

At the End it should probably be the OT MK 3, with mixer faders, and an extra FX section with probably analogue FX, with extensive control possibility’s.
Internal (replacable SSD) and option to record on the HD.

Well, i think at a certain point the problem might be, if this gets to expensive, they don’t get as many users buying into the system. 2000 €, probably with an upgrade slot, so you could add later some more DSP or Analogue Modules to it.

I would love a new MonoMachine. Sporting the most advanced Elektron sequencer Yet. With sound Quality similar to my Nord A1. Throw in Overbridge for quicker recording. Increased Poly would be nice if not on all tracks perhaps just one machine for 5 note chords. The rest mono.
Still focusing on digital synthesis as to not eat into other product lines.
Would love to see some new takes on the FM machines perhaps more controls.

Asking for reiterations of the OT seems pointless to me. So much of what people want are really just personal preference sorts of features. You must think in terms of filling a void in the market, which is what electron always does.

I’d put my bets on them entering the modular realm with rack modules or something like the Moog Mother 32, but with an elektron twist - usually the sequencer integration. Mostly because everyone is doing modular now.

Or maybe they’ll get into kitchen cabinets again :wink:

You can already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O-p-Kbrt9o to get such 5-note chords.
:slight_smile:
I really love to get crazy on the BBOX with the retrig/rtime + amp decay, lots of glitches to harvest there.
I would definitely love a MnM mk3 where you can load your own BBOX waveforms !

• the ability to lock unlock the Arp, like OT MIDI part.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@Ocobus Oh yeah.

• polyphony on tracks to play chords of samples.
  • crazy BBOX retrig/rtime and arp on all track !

I’m in the market for an on-stage mixer. So far, I’m not really finding anything which really fits my needs.

Something with parametric EQ on input channels, especially for kicks and bass, then effects sends (ideally with automation).

Lots of channels too, so that when I’m working with my musical partner, we can get everything into the desk.

Current best bet might be the Allen & Heath QU series, but something more tailored would be good.

definitely an 8 track mixer+recorder (as in 8 input recorded simultaneously) with both “studio” FX (compressor, 8 band EQ…) and “live” FX (DJ-style killer eq, looper with grid repeat …).

And no encoders. I like them on A4/AR, but for “performance” control they are not the best - thankfully on AR you have the pads. Maybe another optical crossfader ??

So yeah, kinda OT with more inputs and recording buffers.

(edit : oh, and the dynamics FX with “real” sidechain - does the OT do that ?)

A new machinedrum with OB!

Small digital polyphonic sound module with granular and wavetable synthesis.

Something I could either sequence with OT or play with a regular MIDI keyboard.

1 Like

a dedicated master sequencer/ audio & midi fx processor from wich we would be able to control primary elektron gear but also other midi devices ( like fx processors)

2 midi inputs
4 midi/sync din outputs

usb midi

analog filters per channel (12 & 24)

4 audio fx per channel (including sidechain compression)

sidechain compression input

midi fx per channel

master fx with compression /distortion

8 stereo inputs

step sequencer (midi &fx)

Bring back the more ruggedness of the MD & MM. I like the old version of pots, but at least the new have a lighter & smaller power supply.

1. A groovebox like Korgs latest Electribe (not the sampler) but with all the good features from elektron (p. Locks etc.) and with much more modulation possibilities. More voices. Able to play samples. Does not have to be analog. Could be digital in order to have more voices, more mod possibilities and more fx types. An intern battery, a small keyboard like the A4, Size should be similar to an electribe. Would pay 1k for something like that!

2. A digital powersynth like access virus ti2 but with the power of modern hardware! (Virus is almost 10 years old, and still one of the best digi. synths you can get) I would love to see what elektron would be able to do with all the know how and modern hardware.

3. A wavetable synth. Granular synth or a additive synth. Just a form of sound synthesis that we not already have. We all have probably enougth subtractiv hardware synths! I love analog sound but I also love modulation monsters like Blofeld… ooo how I love my Blofeld :slight_smile:

I would like to see their take on an Ableton controller. However, I don’t think we need new gear, I think new features on existing gear would be great.

I personally like the random trig functions of the Elektron sequencer. It would be nice to see them build and expand the random trig feature… an addition that can essentially randomize synthesis settings, and can conform to whatever scale… randomize any parameter.

Dorian D minor–> randomize random trig
–> randomize synthesis section --> randomize filter section --> randomize LFO section

A button combination to randomize the settings both on a macro level to a scale… and on a parameter lock level for synthesis settings would be the bomb for live improvisation.

It would be great to have the RYTM with this function as well. I don’t think we need new gear. I personally need to be able to randomize anything… with scales.

1 Like

A battery
power for multiple machines on the go.

1 Like

More then 10 years! I got mine in 2006 and I am sure that it was already on the market for at least a year then.

OverHub2 with on/off switch and included power cable (wall wart is fine).