What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

$999-$1199 would be a good price point to me. Keep in mind there is no sequencer, only a few options from the heat, and nowhere near the amount of 1/8 outputs or buttons, etc. the RYTM has. Stating the price needs to be right seems like a trivial statement to make considering this would need to be the case for any suggestion made in this thread.

I don’t want to see a Model:Tone or Model:Synth, a simplified Digitone but I’m afraid that is highly probable.

6 Likes

I was sort of thinking that I would like to see a Model: Drum, with MD-style drums, but at the price point, I wonder if it would be better to just get a Volca Drum to sequence with the DT or even just sequence Microtonic with the DT in OB.

If they came out with an updated flagship MD UW MKIII, I would definitely buy it to run along with my DT.

2 Likes

Yeah if Elektron makes a wavetable synth, which I really hope they will, it better be at least in Digi format. I don’t mind the new Model: format as long as there are the better options.

In a nod to the OP-Z, all the clever stuff is invisible on the hardware (but has a nice iOS/Mac/PC/Android GUI if you need it):

Overbridge Host Mode: use as an analog audio breakout/MIDI USB to DIN box for any Overbridge device

Midi control over

• Matrix routing
  • Levels/Mutes
  • internal FX engine; separate chorus, delay, reverb, filter assignment to all channels.
  • Compressor
  • modulate FX parameters from your midi sequencer

DC coupled so you can alternatively use any channels as a CV IO to MIDI IO

Use just with USB power as a desktop micro mixer if you want to get away from using it as an OB soundcard

4 Likes

There are already 2 with MnM and OT. :wink:
Wavetable synthesis

Nice, but I’d prefer 8 stereo In/Out and full standalone possibility (hence display).

1 Like

Tada!

2 Likes

Aaah Man im right with you on this one. I have been thinking of buying the machiedrum to pair with digitakt. But i think it would take a while for me to learn how to use one. Love the perc sound MD can do tho…

1 Like

I want to se a remake of the MD with maybe a digi/tone form. Analog perc and drums. It can even be an MD mk3 that is upp to date with like the mk2 series of octa/rytm…

1 Like

Well done but surely a “Digiwave” would be an entirely different experience.

This didn’t get much love in /r/synthesizers, I guess it might be better received here:

I’d love a machine that combines the accessibility and immediacy of the DT with the depth of the OT. I’ve been thinking a bit about what I’d like to see in such a device and I’ve come up with the following:

• Octatrack form factor
  • Digitakt display (oh, yes please!)
  • time-stretching samples
  • kits per pattern, at least as an option (no parts necessary)
  • mutes let the last trigged sound ring out like on the DT
  • 2 dedicated FX slots per sample track (as with the OT now), but:
  • 4 assignable return tracks for send FX
  • all current OT effects except for reverb, which could be replaced by the DT reverb
  • OT-like scenes and slider
  • 8 MIDI tracks (or 16) with MIDI editing like on the Digitone
  • thru track/live resampling implementation that an average human person can wrap their head around in a few minutes
  • Overbridge (!)

Bonus points for:

• 16 sample tracks instead of 8
  • VST/AU support for the FX
  • while we’re at it, 6 (or hell, why not 8) sampling inputs

I’d easily pay over 2k for this thing, even without the VST support, which would probably be hard to pull off anyway, or the other bonus features.

Any thoughts? Did I miss anything? What would you like to see?

1 Like

I just want a Digitakt MK II with a built in rechargeable battery, and class-compliant audio over USB (for iOS).

If Elektron released a dedicated sequencer, I think it could be great. Now that MIDI 2.0 is in prototype phase, I hope Elektron is doing something with that.

I just recently bought a Pyramid, after giving up the wait for Cirklon. For my workflow, centralized sequencing is very helpful. I’m tired of sequencing on each Elektron box. That being said, I love the Elektron sequencer. If I could sequence my Rytm, Keys, and Octatrack from one box, that would be a game changer for me. At present, I still sequence each Elektron instrument from its internal sequencer, and simply use MIDI for sync. As you can imagine, building up song mode on each machine is tedious. The Machinedrum and Monomachine I sequence from Pyramid without any issue, though. If I could bring the speed and power of plocks to a dedicated sequencer, I’d buy right now.

i would like a standalone elektron midi sequencer/mixer - with 6 mono inputs or 3 stereo inputs. analogue overdrive, compressor, panning per channel. and a stereo aux fx send and return

same form factor as the digitakt but better midi sequencing workflow/os - imagine the bastard lovechild of a squarp pyramid, boss km-60, and digitakt

1 Like

Heat MK3 ?!

1 Like

Tenner bets they release something new at Superbooth. it being in Berlin n all, home of their new office.

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

digibass

I fear: Model: Poly. Dumbed down Digitone in Model form factor, with knob per function and without sound locks.

1 Like

if the next release is another model: we’re done for :sweat_smile:

Maybe have a look at Novation SL mk3…
I find it really useful, and use it for sequencerless synths :slight_smile:
It can plock !

3 Likes