What frequency do you tune your A4 to? (440hz / 432hz)

How about that.

And here I thought PrisonPlanet.com were the only ones that use all bold letters to push misinformation on the gullible.

The Bonus part is hilarious!
Thanks for sharing!

IĀ“ll copy it here for the laziest:

Bonus
As a reward for making it through this post, I offer you some alternatives to 440Hz and 432Hz, feel free to tune your music to any of them (and select whether A, C, C# or whatever note name you invent is the most cosmic) and then start a Facebook group (alongside any manufactured history) to advocate its use.

Pi-tuning 402.1Hz

7 octaves up from Pi, this will add a very rounded and cyclical feel to your music, rather than the square 432Hz and irregular 440Hz

Phi-tuning 414.2Hz

8 octaves above Phi, this is a very balanced tuning, unlike the very disjointed 432Hz and 440Hz.

Selfie Tuning

Perhaps the most personal tuning, simply take the reciprocal of your age in seconds, and multiply it up to a sensible pitch for tuning. For example on your 21st birthday, tune to 414Hz. This results in far more subjective, present music than the materialism of 432Hz and 440Hz. Warning, this will rise, and be prepared to sing like Mariah Carey in your eighties.

Olympic Tuning 272.2Hz

272.2Hz is based on the frequency of the Olympic Games, this produces a more triumphant tuning than 432Hz, with a greater sense of unity than the Earth Frequency.

Galactic Tuning 254.2Hz

65 octaves above the age of the Milky Way, 254.2Hz is way more cosmic than the provincial 432Hz.

Universal Tuning 338.1Hz

67 octaves above the age of the Universe, 338.1Hz is the best tuning reference you can use, and if you donā€™t agree you must be some kind of Nazi.

Iā€™ll Be Back Tuning 332.7Hz

At 332.7Hz this is 33 octaves above the frequency of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies/per year over the last quarter century. More powerful that 432Hz, and works well with accents.

Bloody Cat Frequency 436.9Hz

This is the most irritating of tuning references: 436.9Hz, a mere 21 octaves above the frequency of my cat waking everyone up in the middle night just to tell us that itā€™s still raining or that the carpet is in the same position on the floor.

18 Likes

I changed to 432 two months ago and I think sounds better

1 Like

Wake me up when you can set it up for microtuning scales.

4 Likes

Yeah 440 never sound right to meā€¦ Dunno about the psyop but good to choose what suits your synthesized ā€˜instrumentā€™ I guess. 432 sounds better over here in general. change it up, itā€™s a synthesizer!

Iā€™m a big advocate of the Iā€™ll Be Back tuning, something about it makes me want to get to da choppa!

1 Like

Hey would you mind sharing how you went about changing it? Trying to figure it out but not sure how

The height and perimeter of the Great Pyramid are in a ratio of 43,200 to the radius and circumference of the Earth.

Take the original height of the pyramid (481.3949 feet) and multiply it by 43,200, the quotient is 3938.685 miles. The modern measurement for the actual polar radius of the Earth (pole to center) is 3949 miles.

The perimeter of the base x 43200 = 24,734.94 miles, which is within 170 miles of the equatorial circumference of the Earth.

This 432 myth will not die apparently.

There is no single frequency thatā€™s more spiritual than another, and all the pseudoscience in the world will not prove otherwise.

But just think, if anyone thinks 432 sounds ā€œbetterā€ than 440, try 431. It will blow your mind!

7 Likes

heyyy just go to Global menu and then find synth master tune is by default at 440Hz , remember that it just affect your current project

Micro tuning scales. :thup:

1 Like

To each her or his own, but Iā€™ve felt for a long time that it was more about the relationship between the notes than what specific frequency becomes the reference. But itā€™s fun to change the master tune on a synth or retune any instrument really.

2 Likes

I always tune my synths to 666Hz. Sounds best to me.

5 Likes

Hm mine doesnā€™t seem to have this menu option :frowning:

Which version of the AF/AK firmware is your unit running? The menu location was changed In version 1.11.

If you havenā€™t done so already, upgrade your AF/AK to the latest firmware (currently 1.24) then the master tuning control can be found in the GLOBAL > SYNTH MASTER TUNE menu.

Ah crap - thanks for your reply but just realised I am posting in the wrong topic. I am using a Rytm on the latest firmware, thatā€™s why. Itā€™s a shame, would really like this feature

Right, the Rytm is a drum synth and does not feature a master tuning setting. Do check out other Rytm-oriented topics on the forum which describe tuning issues and solutions.

1 Like

Can I do the right thing by just nuking this ā€˜topicā€™ ?

This should never appear in a Google search, never, itā€™s absurd.

6 Likes

Error 404 Hzā€¦ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I was so glad to see that article from miltonline.com

The author Milton Mermikides lectures at Surrey where I studied, heā€™s an absolute dude!