What frequency do you tune your A4 to? (440hz / 432hz)

as you already know, the A4 comes factory tuned at 440hz. Why? If you can, See and hear this video…

1 Like

:wink:

LA

3 Likes

oh please…and tell me what happens when a dj is playing your track as vinyl and trying to tempo match it …?

6 Likes

This ^^
if you want to try something different musically, get a softsynth that loads scala files and try out different micro tuning systems (balinese tunings are especially haunting and beautiful imo) - dont be expecting magic from down tuning your synth though. Id love if the elektron could take scala files but alas no.

2 Likes

432 x [insert erroneous extraneous statistic] = BS^432

4 Likes

Hoax non scientific mambo jumbo. :slight_smile:
Don’t waste your time with this an go make music. :wink:

5 Likes
1 Like

[/quote]
The size shape and material of the membrane “plate” will determine the nodes of the stationary waves (the shapes you see), so is possible to achieve any pattern with any frequency changing the membrane size/shape. Is simple physics, like adding tension on a guitar cord. So this video proves nothing.
Also the tones you heard on the video doesn’t corresponds at all with the frequency the guy shows on the tunner.

Trust me Zonta, don’t waste your time detuning your A4, if you want something different try historic or ethnic scales, micro tuning, etc.
And at last, if you still wanna believe it, don´t forget that each time a music is played by a dj, he changes its root frequency. :wink:

6 Likes

The frequency is not the only parameter in creating cymatics patterns, size and shape count too - the pattern is produced by the interplay of those factors, with a different plate you would need a different frequency to make pretty pics

Edit: explained much better and quicker than I could type ^^ XD

1 Like

Not to mention Air pressure/temperature
Bear in mind also standard concert pitch of A has not always been defined as 440 Hz
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A440_%28pitch_standard%29
Just Intonation is interesting and worth taking a look at. Although you need something that allows each note of the scale to be tuned individually.

I think it doesn’t really matter. If I play live or do a dj set I switch off the key lock/put my samples in repitch (Ableton). So when I change the tempo the overall tuning also changes. I made a patch in Ableton so the tuning of my liveset sends pitchbend data to my A4, so it’s always in tune (whatever that tune is)

And maybe suddenly it will be tuned at 432hz… that moment will be a spiritual one then…

I did the same on Ableton for all my synths.
Now I don’t use more samples on Ableton so I don´t care about pitch anymore.

[/quote]
obviously you want to believe this stuff
but trust me (& further to gbravetti post)
it used to be (part of) my job establishing the resonant frequencies of structures and this ‘experiment’ proves nothing of any value to the debate
this is a higher order mode of a particular plate - vary any parameter and it will change the resonant frequencies (and maybe modes) i.e. …
*material
*thickness
*shape
*size
*support conditions
*environment
*temperature
it’s a silly ‘manipulative’ video for the gullible or those lacking awareness, which you aren’t any longer
i :heart: numbers (and science)

2 Likes

like this thread…hehe…we should be aware that the amount of handclaps should also count 432…don’t forget or none will ever shaknsmile again by listening to your music…:smiley:

I put on my robe and wizard hat…

3 Likes

please try it now, start with C

—> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZvVQKRaAa8 <—

yes 444 hz

[b]please, everyone together, make music, upload it everywhere

it is now more important than ever

no time to explain

just look here
[/b]
[b]http://www.waronwethepeople.com/528-medicine/

please try

[/b]

Occasionally, I revisit the old elektron-users.com forum to check out posts on the Monomachine and Octatrack. That was a great site, wasn’t it - Kitchen spam aside.

NO
You are a gullible pseudoscience fool - “444 start with C” wut ?!
no time to explain why
read this

if you wanna tune your gear to 444, go on, enjoy it, but who cares !
this reeks of spam / click bait