What does it mean? What does it mean to you?

I’m Black and I live in California. Nuff said.

My gaming username is a bit more interesting. It’s purrito, like a cat burrito. I chose it because it’s cute and memorable. Also, it’s makes people laugh when they see a “purrito” in a sea of “xxx69noscopesniperxxx” and “fazeclans420”

13 Likes

Nothing cryptic or terribly interesting it is a name my brother gave me, savant, for my aptitude for music and synths. When I first started out in 2003 we were in a metal band together and I started getting involved in electronic music, bought my first synth and drum machine and hit the ground running He started calling me that after one band practice when I brought my new gear and was playing my drum machine with one hand and synth with the other and it was sounding like something The Faint would have written, The whole concept of subtractive synthesis (and later other kinds of synthesis) just came easily to me and I was always blowing my friends minds with what I could do with my synths or theirs I dove in the deep end and was buying new synths every chance I got I wanted to explore every possible form of electronic sound design. It was around the time when dance punk was exploding and every band started having a synth in it out of our friend group everyone in the local scene I was always the one people went to when getting into synths and trying to figure synth and sound design related stuff out I released my first track in 2006 and but I couldn’t come up with a name that I liked and since Matthew savant was what everyone called me he suggested. that I just release it under that, so I did and it just sort of stuck. At the time everyone I would met at shows or at clubs would think that was my actual name so I just stayed with it.
I don’t write music under that name anymore though I did release the sound design work I did for Arturia and Akai under that name, General I don’t really go by it anymore in my creative endeavors but it is my primary username on social media/online since it’s still sort of my nick name.

6 Likes

purrito is an excellent gamertag, Mine is Doctor Yeet because I couldn’t think of a dumber combination of words that reflected gamer and streamer culture, and yes so many “FaZe clan” gamer tags out there that shit is so goofy. those are the same kids I see in Modern warfare that are dressed head to toe in neon green ski suits and pink guns, they are the easiest targets for sure and always the ones that take the game way too serious

3 Likes

My rap name is Soul Relentless. I think it’s kinda self-explanatory. My producer name is Funk Illuminati, and it’s not so self-explanatory. Funk and Soul music are very important to me, and that’s why they represent my first names. I think my funk flavors are rather elite, though I am trying to swallow my ego. The stamp I put on my dope (or albums, if you will) is the eye in the pyramid thing that is often associated with Illuminati imagery. Hence funk_illuminati. This is a cool thread. I hope a bunch of you folks participate. I’m super intrigued.

6 Likes

I didn’t know how to name my save game when I played Doom back in 1997. Doom’s menu has a skull on the left side. So I named it skull. It’s been my pseudonym ever since.

4 Likes

ON THE ONE!

The forum ghost thought that me posting just “on the one” is not clear enough so I will explain that the hit in funk and soul is on the first beat, as quoted by james brown to bootsy collins and george clinton and every other one time member of his band. hopefully the forum ghost is no longer enraged by my short response now that the joke is killed.

3 Likes

I hope you find happiness or at least contentment.

5 Likes

What’s really weird is I don’t really read too much into user names but few days ago I read yours and worked out what it meant. I thought ah very good, I liked it, and went on about the forum never thinking that moment would have relevance again but here we are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s my artist name. A play on our Irish accent “circuitry”

Yeah…I know…if you have to explain the joke.

And yep I’ve explained it to Dolby and Numan who , bless them, smiled.

3 Likes

:poop::jeans:

9 Likes

My name is Jim and I am a ginger

12 Likes

such honesty! the internet does not need you sir, this is a place for half truths and filtered gear photos! leave while your skin is still without pigment, the internet stains us all!

domo

4 Likes

To be fair, I’m more bald than ginger these days…

And Jim is my middle name.

Good to stick around, yeah? :yum::+1:

4 Likes

kin

11 Likes

My artist name was initially Unghosted, in reference to people I’d fallen out of touch with years ago seemingly coming back from the past out of nowhere. This was right when I start making electronic music. But before releasing my debut, I did a search and saw that the name was already in use online. So I tried to think of something different and landed on Infinighost. I like Infinighost better anyway because it doesn’t have any online dating connotations.

4 Likes

I want to know the story of @your_lamp

@reeloy, hugz to Berlin! Please tell us about your name in a freeform poem that we all understand on a cosmic level.

3 Likes

I would love to know the origin story behind @Scot_Solida (I hope that’s okay Scot!) So I guess I’m calling you out!

2 Likes

@Annihilation_Squares, please enlighten us. I have a hunch but I doubt I’m right. He’s a homie though, so I feel pretty safe calling him out and I am genuinely curious.

@NeonMelk, we need to know.

@Schnork, that was the greatest story ever!

4 Likes

I found the annihilation squares origin story in another thread, I would not mind reading it again. Rather potent.

2 Likes

Pastor of Muppets, not the Elektronaut, @PofM who I’m sure is also really cool, but just the phrase itself, is now one my favorite things ever and I don’t even like Metallica. This thread is all gold already.

@Tchu, is your name a sneeze pun?

@deadinside, I :purple_heart:Model Cycles! Wanna make a track together?

2 Likes