What does it mean? What does it mean to you?

It’s shorter than Zachary.

2 Likes

Mine’s from the title of my first academic book (a cultural and scientific history of recent metaphors for ideology, called human programming). It’s also my gamer tag, and it seemed right for talking about learning synthesizers, and a way to be a little bit anonymous but recognizable to pals on other sites.

4 Likes

Gazella Atlantica is an extinct species of gazelle. Oh and my name is Gary so gaz etc

2 Likes
10 Likes

*wipes away tears

I like it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

and he digs graves. don’t mess with the meal.

it’s from a Grandaddy EP called ‘Excerpts from the Diary of Todd Zilla’.

4 Likes

It’s my name.

If I called myself “brucegillthe3RD”, which is technically correct - as both my late grandfather and farther are also called Bruce Gill, I’d look like a dick.

4 Likes

how about bruce gill cubed? :upside_down_face:

I dated a girl who had been nicknamed by some other poor guy as broad-zilla. turned out to be not far from the truth. :no_good_man:

1 Like

My accounts usually end up being suspended, so I don’t even bother naming them in a meaningful way. Current one comes from a password generator. I hate naming things anyway, I don’t even name my tracks anymore, just give them sequential numbers.

3 Likes

I have so many questions right now but I’m just going to like the shit out of your answer and let it go

2 Likes

Wanted a ninja-like Myspace name so I looked in a Japanese dictionary and one of the first words that I came across was “aizo”. Said it means the simultaneous feeling of love (ai) and hate (zo).

Found out that some band had Aizo as their name so I added “yurei” (a kind of ghost, poltergeist) to it. I didn’t know anything about Japanese language (or culture) back then so I didn’t think it was dumb. Having lived in Japan 15 years now, I think it’s kind of dumb, but I’ve used it so long in all my social that I just don’t care anymore.

2 Likes

Bro nice Myspace name drop! Cho omoshiroi, Arigato gozaimashita! Soshite, Arigato gozaimashita!

Got given Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation back in about 1996, it asked for a user name or something and Matoshi was the best I could do. If I’m feeling daring I occasionally spell it with two ‘t’s’!

2 Likes

I may have been listening to Queen records when I signed up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My “name” is (was?) just one of these methods
to somehow get a e-mail adress that you can keep in mind.
Here I am. I am here …

Thought I´d change the name later, but it´s not possible
here at Elektronauts.

There´s no deeper meaning behind my name,
but it´s somehow connected with wonderful memories of
travelling India and a beautiful girl from China.

2 Likes

Haha, thx! I hoped it would cheer some people up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My last name is Saint Don, spelled St. Don. A telemarketer called one day and asked for “Street Don”. I told this story to my coworkers one day thinking it was funny. By the end of the day it had evolved and everyone was calling me Street Deezy and it stuck. Adopted it because I thought it was funny.

9 Likes

Beer, I Like Love beer!

3 Likes