What can. I do with. the model cycles on Abelton

Im a bit of a noob
but I know I can record all 6 tracks into one output, theres gotta be some work around without recording one by one or a more effiecient way to record tracks one by one maybe some external device or app ive seen the tenor app not sure if thats. a help as well

any help is much appreciated.

Cycles only has stereo output on analog jacks, and the stereo output over USB.

There is absolutely no way to record the tracks separately/simultaneously. It does not have multitrack facilities.

For that feature, you’d need to step up to at least a Digitone or Digitakt, which have Overbridge.

4 Likes

Hey thanks Adam,

Digitone and Digitakt seem a lot different sounding then M:C surely they could develop a way to transfer model cycles info into an overbridge type app or at least allow the transfer of M:C tracks into a Digitone/ Digitakt also could panning left and right possibly make two separate tracks at the least ?

Hard panning will work to get you 2 tracks, as long as you don’t mind a bit of crossbleed from the fx.

2 Likes

ahh I see thats crucial

Hard pan. Then it’s just 3 bounces, which is pretty painless in Ableton.

1 Like

true, have you tried this ?or have any tips or tricks for getting the best sound into Abelton ?

If I make a pattern on the mc I normally just record the LR stereo of the performance. After end performance I’ll let the mc run while still recording and then make a recording of each track(track 1 On the rest Muted) etc.

I find that when I do a performance, tweeking and muting thats where the magic happens and I don’t care too much about the separation. I does take a bit of planing so you make sure that you have all the parts/sections needed for the song.

Sometimes I need to do it more that once but that’s also how I learn to play the composition.

If I need some thing extra I’ll use the separate recordings.

3 Likes

100% this, and I also grab the midi out from each track and use it to layer vsts etc. It wasn’t my plan, but I like being forced to get the arrangement right in the box and to learn to play the track live.

1 Like

This is applicable:

2 Likes

The differences are reflected in the price.

You don’t get a Ferrari engine in a Honda, for the Honda price.

Aside from that…it wouldn’t fit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Phaelam
I feel. that but come on with the outputs
and besides the Hondas going to be a lot more reliable than the Ferrari depending on models
lol its going to get you alot more mileage similarly tho I haven’t even played with Digitakt yet but I feel like its too in depth for what i’m looking to do with it seems like i’m gonna have to put a lot more effort into it then I will get out of it and it still has limited outputs (overbridge is cool ) need to have a model cycle over bridge like cmon

but honestly I don’t know people love. the Digitakt people don’t, I think the model cycles is straight forward fun, simple beats are made in seconds lol

but I really do want to try the Digitakt asap

thanks bro thats on point !

1 Like

Okay fair enough, a little extreme.

Better: Civic vs Impreza STi :wink:
Realistic…

1 Like

lol forsure