What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

Been a while but this morning it’s been Marked for Death by Emma Ruth Rundle

1 Like

@Floppydisk_Pirates this is such a vibrant track, I love it!
Can you talk about it a bit?
I mean, these can’t be all synthesized, can they?

1 Like

Feeling nostalgic, I guess. The () album and both its predecessor and successor were very important albums to me about 20 years ago. Since then I just grew extremely tired of the whole postrock thing. This music doesn’t feel so relevant to me now even though I can still hear its influence in some of my own music.

5 Likes

Thank you for listening and your kind words @LyingDalai
No synth at all this time :slightly_smiling_face: Sure the cello or some string patches for Analog Four and Digitone could find a place here but this time just cello and string vst’s and Ableton… Ableton’s session view came in very handy here to collect some ideas that I put together into a small repetitive arrangement. And the real inspiration behind it was emotional chaos that goes up and down (cello and strings) which regulates itself again and again and gives hope (harp). Anyway, it is a painful process that brings more personal progress than expected!

1 Like

Thx for the explanation!
It is very impressive,
What VSTs were used?

I know Rival Consoles just released a new album but I haven’t quite yet gotten into it. Instead went back to Howl, which I haven’t listened to a whole lot either. Excellent songwriting and production, more punch to it than on the new one, IMO.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

20 years ago I was all about Sigur Ros, GS!YB, Rachel’s, and the like. This album and post-rock in general we’re so important to musically.

I got to see all of them live at one point or another, and I was lucky enough to see Sigur Ros during this tour at Radio City, amazing performance and visuals. It’s one of of my favorite concert memories.

3 Likes

:hearts:

2 Likes

Long term fan (I’m a Sheffielder at heart after all - they emerged throughout my 12 years living there after moving home). They lost me at the last album though.

On first listen, I love this. Absolute song writing class on display.

1 Like

Really enjoying Gigi Masin’s new track. A bit of a departure from his other stuff, a lot more percussive…nice to hear him pushing himself in a new direction yet still sounding Gigi.

1 Like

Laibach are heading into space via John Carpenter’s Dark Star, country style:

1 Like

I have the new Taylor Swift on now. Rather enjoyable but don’t really appreciate the f-bombs.

another brilliant Raster Noton release

2 Likes
1 Like