What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

One of my kids plays this Toca Boca game and the music changes throughout and some of the stuff is really good. I’ve even gone so far as to try to get in touch with them to see who their composers are and if they’re looking for any more.

Kate Bush, New order( aw them with echo and Bunnymen at marylads merriweather post) among my first record purchase starting around 1986 +
ABC, General Public ( my first real show in DC 86-88 ish) and Jesus and Marychain ( saw them on my birthday 91 in san Fransisco )

1 Like

agree…it grew on me but was challenged on initial listen.

1 Like

dude, you make me feel my age …geez…lol :joy:

1 Like

I used to find this cheesy, now it makes me feel troubled.
RIP SOPHIE and thank you for the ride.

2 Likes

Low Life was one of my first vinyl records as well.

But I’m pretty sure the VERY first was the Beastie Boys “Hold It Now Hit It/Cookie Puss” 12-inch. Not sure if I’m proud of that or not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DonovanDwyer
those were my records…my first music purchases with my own money were tapes: sting- …turtle
tears for fear- songs from big chair

1 Like

Tapes were the earliest purchases (mid-80s) for me as well. Skinny Puppy, The Cure and Bauhaus were most of my collection, but also early Bad Brains and the “Lonely is an Eyesore” 4AD compilation were played to death.

2 Likes

oh wow you bring up memories…4ad compilations !!! dead can dance etc…I used to get the publicationThe Melody Maker where I learnt of 4ad and all the other English labels…The Cure one of band I regret not going to the show when I had the chance along with Terance Trent D’Arby first tour at a small club in DC.

1 Like

I must’ve listened to this more than 100 times since its release. That bass sound later on is :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

OK so those guys are awesome! My evening just went sideways…

3 Likes

Had the luck to see them live a couple of times on this album, what an amazing show!

2 Likes

Seriously, how did I not know about these guys!

first thing that crate digging ever taught me is that good music is timeless :slight_smile:

1 Like

some of the best to ever do it

every rapper should have to take a class on beans alone before they can even claim to be an MC!!!

3 Likes

music is timeless.
sadly, we age :slight_smile:

1 Like

:sob: Biz caught the Vapors

nobody will ever beat the Biz

8 Likes

crazy story about the release of the EP [a story of mine]…
I was waiting on a new BoC release. the morning of March 23 2013 I wake up to an email about the release of Reach for the Dead…literally seconds after I read that email, I get a phone call from my step dad calling to tell me my mum had passed away. how fucking crazy is that.

REACH FOR THE DEAD.

9 Likes

Loving Red Axes after seeing them live…

Rest in Peace
no one will ever beat the BiZ.

3 Likes