What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

I found this track from a Blue Jam Playlist. The whole album is incredible, but this is the one I listen to on repeat(also Voodoo Ray)

Thereā€™s something really magical about orchestral recreations of electronic music. Even Alarm Will Soundā€™s cover album of Aphex tracks have been a personal favorite for years

1 Like
1 Like

Liking the new Dan Avery

And taking another opportunity to shout about the Koreless album which is edging closer and closer to being my favourite thing Iā€™ve heard this year.

1 Like
3 Likes

I canā€™t stop listening to this by my favorite rapper (M.Sayyid, formerly of Antipop Consortium):

3 Likes

Really need to pimp my hearts stats!

1 Like
3 Likes

Have always been a sucker for Chvrches. Sorry, svcker. The new album is looking to be a good one.

1 Like

The Lovely Eggs cover Iggy. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Some good sounds going on in a weird twisted reimagination of the mid-80s kind of way. Hard to describe, but hard not to put on repeat.

The A-side, featuring varying samples of Iggy saying ā€œmoronā€ again and again, is pretty good as a slice of weird electro-psychedelic-fresh-as-anything-punk too

1 Like

lots of nice electronic from b12, cepheid, unifono, virgo, john shima, derek carr, london modular alliance

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Sure, a worthy disciple of the unsung legend that is M.Sayyid. Awesome video (and flow) tho :yellow_heart:

Killing it with story telling rap:

6 Likes

Not usualā€¦but thereā€™s a few like this I fully dig. Perhaps you mayā€¦.

The track starts around 2:10 if the intro is too annoying for you :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

Heh, I love The Lovely Eggs, went to see them live a while back, probably just before lockdown I guess. It was an ace gig, Holly has really great between-song banter and stories, and considering thereā€™s only two of them they make a big noise! My favourite part was while they were playing ā€œFuck Itā€, most of the crowd was singing along, some with ā€œFuck Itā€ scarves held above their heads, and seeing a mum dragging two fairly young kids out of the crowd and out of the door while trying to cover both of their ears ā€“ I guess she hadnā€™t heard that oneā€¦

2 Likes