Was it released too soon ? [compilation topic]

I like all there other products (have most) …but this one is crap, and its such crap that they had to know, but they sold it anyway. Im pissed.

I only bought it for Midi Sequencing+Prb Trigs (Main Feature) …cause octatrack doesnt have this feature.

Its a paper weight right now. …everyone else aswell that bought it for midi. BS!

are you sure freezing and crashing happens every 20 seconds to almost everyone?
i only once experienced a crash - that was with synced to another machine - a known bug.
besides of that never - maybe i am just lucky…

I started to stop taking some people serious here. This thread is a great guide!

2 Likes

Of course it was planned by Elektron like this. They’ve done it with many of their machines. They leave things out so you will buy more than one machine. It’s part of their strategy. I’m not even complaining about it, as I’ve bought and owned many Elektron machines. It’s just the way it is, like it or not.

[quote=“EasternNoise, post:125, topic:40544”]
Once you read the specs you make a decision.
As simple as that. Complaining about features that were never said to be included like they HAVE to be there is what is commonly known as moaning or having trouble with reading comprehension[/quote]

I agree actually. If people don’t like the features, don’t buy it. If they’re ok with it, then buy it. That doesn’t mean I can’t make fun of it and find humor in the back and forth. Clearly my post was joking about people that repetitively complain vs. fanboys, so the extreme views of both.

2 Likes

:joy:

If you take a look at Elektron’s list of retailers’ websites, they all seem to have the Digitakt on backorder, at least according to the samples I’ve picked out. That includes several retailers from the US, UK, Germany, Sweden, Finland, and France.

The DT does appear to stir up a significant interest among a broader audience than usual, so the unit flying off the shelves faster than anticipated is a sober explanation. Given the circumstances, however, I just thought I would share the observation, and maybe indulge in speculation that this could indicate that further shipments have been halted, perhaps as action is being taken to address some of the issues surrounding the release.

I’m sure there are more knowledgeable people here who can comment on the regularity of distribution patterns like that, though.

It’s also worth noting that there have been very few ‘official’ reviews of the DT.

One presumes that Elektron have embargoed any further press while this fiasco goes on - the only one I’ve seen was on fact.com and that had the title “A classic drum machine in the making” - evidently suggesting that the product was incomplete.

Looks like it’s been left to you lucky unexpected beta testers to tell it how it is…

i am a very happy beta tester… i miss midi sync, besides of that, i am having lots of fun.
i can live with the limitations til they get fixed.
could i have waited longer? yes. would i have wanted to wait longer? no!
(and the end of the world looks very different to some drum sampler birth problems…)

Edit: i miss midi sync to slave DT to another master - i use DT as sync master whole the time and i also use midi in with a keyboard without any problems since a week…
(and i have no misplaced key caps or rotated screen and also got a power adapter with it)

yeh use a piece of bread. Just not the heel.

I haven’t had a single crash yet. I’m using it standalone so far aka no midi. zero faults. and I’m hammering it >:)

1 Like

Ya your not doing much with it, great… happy for you. Now for the rest of us that are trying to use the many features it says it has on the tin… No Dice. $700 no dice.

“Digitakt is made for heavy use” …?

up and down the post “Mine is freezing / mine is freezing / me to / me to” all from Midi

Thats Not Cool. Perioud. Its not even an argument.

1 Like

5 Likes

pleeaase. keep up the cheers, fan.

Doesn’t do what its supposed to do, And in a MAJOR way!

At least im keeping this in house and not blasting it all over other major forums. I guarantee if they dont fix it QUICK I will be…everywhere. Im pissed.

I didnt agree to loan any money out ($700) lol.

Good.

Hey @woodenrocket

I think I replied to you a little farther up the thread about your feelings.

A lot of us are experiencing the same problems with MIDI sync and freezing. In my experience with Elektron, they do fix bugs. It may take them a while, but they do fix them.

As to whether the DT should have been released in its current state, that’s a different matter.

But ultimately, it’s up to you to vote with your wallet. If you can’t wait for a bugfix, return the unit. I know it’s tough, but stressing yourself out over the machine’s bugs doesn’t help make music, in my experience.

2 Likes

Exactly. My point is its not friggn cool.

And something SO major had to of been known as it was leaving the shop. Sorry, I call BS when I see it… as should everyone.

I hear you bro/lady(?)

Im mainly pissed at all the people acting like im just complaining. Im a very experienced and knowledgeable man in the studio.

And its not a BUG. A bug is like a kink that needs some polishing off for the unit to run more smoothly for Everyone. This is ‘a machine not capable or not finished’ (cause it can be reproduced by almost anyone Im pretty sure) being sold and money being collected.

Where is the Post from THEM saying sorry were going to fix this very soon.

Dude Im just trying to sequence 1 machine (Sub37 or OB6 or P8…doesnt matter) it crashes every like 10 seconds. …what got me pissed was reading thru the post and seing the same thing being said.

Its like saying “if I load a sample it crashes” …I just want to hear/see a public post saying “This will be fixed/where on it” …cause its pretty screwed up.

Anyway, im done complaining for awhile, back to the rest of my AR/OT/AK!!!

I just really want those Probability Locks thru MIDI!! Its the only reason bought this. lol.

3 Likes

If you buy food and its moldy, are you a dick for pointing it out or wanting food that isnt moldy? Just eat it right!? lol.

Funny I have to use metaphors to explain something so clear.

Ive never experienced the fan-boy thing until now. Its strange

2 Likes