Was it released too soon ? [compilation topic]

If Elektron thinks people on this forum represent all their customers then I think they are making a big mistake. I wasn’t here to whine about it not being out. Seems a lot of others were. Elektron shouldn’t give in to them because in the end they’re a minority. I know many people with Elektron gear that have no account here or participate on social media. They just buy gear and use it.

Cenk said it may ship in May :sweat_smile:

Implying implications :sunglasses:

1 Like

Shipping too soon is never a good idea imo.
I know one person that bought the live after reading the forums and one that is thinking about it.
It’s a pretty rad machine if not for the bugs. Some demos are really cool but again if it doesn’t work the way it was intended that it’s not exactly a useful instrument.
I just hope Electron mans up here and gives us real time time stretching or some other cool features to sweeten up the bitter taste and get people back on topic.

1 Like

The missing basic features are supposed to be part of the charm of the unit. I say let the bugs be a part of that too! People need to work within the limitations of gear AND bugs. It’s the new Elektron experience! :grin:

1 Like

I’ve filled several bug requests already… :grin:

1 Like

Hard to work around an unexpected and abrupt crash

1 Like

Nah. That’s DJ edge. You like the thrill to bring a maybe / maybe not instrument on stage. Admit it :blush:

1 Like

They teased it too soon, and then they announced it too soon, and then they released it too soon.

1 Like

People just haven’t gotten used to the conditional crashing feature, keeps you on your toes… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

If the most positive & helpful person on this forum runs out of patience then we’re in trouble.
I’m waiting for a unusable DT and have a brand new A4 that isn’t working and have to wait who knows how long to get the part shipped.
What a start to the elektron world for me :nej::zonked:

They’ll fix it… :okej:

3 Likes

My Rytm and OT have been rock solid for years and it has been an overall (musical)life changing experience in an extremely positive way… I have a lot of faith that Elektron will sort this out and eventually people will be more than happy… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The crashing when loading samples is super annoying, but it sounds like that’s fixed for the next OS release. If they can fix MIDI sync issues, too, then it’s going to be awesome. They probably should have fixed those things prior to release though. I’m still loving it even so!

2 Likes

Says who? You or Elektron?

It’s mentioned about every 30-40 posts on the just about every Digitakt thread on the internet.

Person 1: “only mono?”

Person 2: “limitations are good for workflow.”

Person 1: “every other modern sequencer of this type has song mode or ability to save chains.”

Person 2: “that’s not what this is about, bro. It’s limitations set you free. I never even used song mode before.”

Person 1: “no individual outs???”

Person 2: “limitations better, overbridge in future, etc.”

3 Likes

Thats just other people’s opinions. You stated it as if it was planned by Elektron to have missing basic features. Which I think is not the case.

I could go by al the things you list but I won’t. Saving pattern chains in a way that can rival song mode has been said to be added soon by Elektron though. What is a basic feature anyways?

Now why would I want to do that??? lol. So dont use it your saying, lol. I bought it ONLY for Midi IN etc. …How about I use a peace of bread as my midi keyboard, sorry just saying.

Once you read the specs you make a decision.
As simple as that. Complaining about features that were never said to be included like they HAVE to be there is what is commonly known as moaning or having trouble with reading comprehension :wink:

Voicing concern proper way to get the company to fix issues with consumer units is the way to go and in the end provide you with a working unit that you have paid for.

2 Likes

Freezing and Crashing every 20 seconds isnt a BUG!! And its happening to almost EVERYONE

2 Likes

Do you know if this is a hardware issue?
Because if it is a software issue then yes it is what’s commonly known as a bug as long as they can fix it.
If they can’t then we are stepping into what is commonly known as “flop” :smiley: