Waldorf M

The Patch names are sometimes funnny.
Warm Pad : if this is the definition of Warm…, I must be a cold person.

4 Likes

digital aliasing is the new warm :rofl:

5 Likes

No effects?

Finally a polyphonic/multi timbral synth !! It so hard to find a synth that let you make a full song on it directly. It looks like a mix of the microwave XT and the microwave I (analog LP filter). I wonder if it will have built-in effect.

2 Likes

Really glad that Waldorf are brave to launch a new synth in these days. And this is in line with people’s demand - more hybrid synths! And multitimbrality is back.

I don’t need another synth… no, I don’t need. My GAS treatment was going well, I’m almost ok…

p.s.
Cannot resist, sorry:
cold spiky icey patch from long time ago frozen galaxy is playing. Waldorf: “A warm pad!”

6 Likes

It’s 8 voices/4parts… just like the Digitone

Of course you can also buy two Micromonsta2 (that’s 24 voices/4 parts for just 600euros) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But the M sure sounds good.

1 Like

a nice little jam by fellow @phelios found here:

9 Likes

https://www.waldorfmusic.com/en/m

1.800,00 EUR … i find this a bit pricey for a wavetable synth

12 Likes

Yup, I was right. Again. Nice!

1 Like

There is a few in stock at the Waldorf store, for the moment.

3 Likes

yup… getting too close to Iridium space…

4 Likes

It’s worth it.

That’s a bit over the top and too close to iridium money really.
Cool synth though!

4 Likes

When I listen back to some music I made with my MicroQ back in the days … sometimes I find me asking myself, why I ever sold this synth … maybe because of the menu? :smiley:

3 Likes

Thankfully no trap beats …yet.
Sounds nice but not unique / new …

My micro q is rotting away here, it’s been unusable since the 2nd time I turned it on.
Looks immaculate thought… has a red knob …

1 Like

The M is on my list now including it’s expansion module to 16 voices.
Before I had the Quantum this was my microWave set :smiley:

4 Likes

Definitely pricey but if the build quality is good and the filters sound nice enough I might be able to justify it. The multitimbrality and per-part outputs are huge pluses for me. I’ve been waiting for a modern multitimbral hybrid wavetable polysynth for ages and this looks to be it. Sadly might need to sell my Töörö :frowning:

2 Likes

Holy crap, that’s a bit more than I was hoping. Damn.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. 4 parts is cool for live performance, and with all those audio outs, it’s more targeted to that.

In a studio setup, the Iridium seems the better choice if you want more Waldorf in your life, and are spending that kind of money.

1 Like

It’s a good thing the M is so pricey or I’d have to reevaluate my no-new-hardware policy. Guess I’ll just take advantage of the sale on the PPG Wave 3.V plug-in instead.

9 Likes