Waldorf M

Curious if anyone recognizes this button, I have never owned a Waldorf synth. I suppose it is somewhat similar to the big red knob on the microwave? Time for speculation!

4 Likes

PLEASE be a new Microwave.

10 Likes

The Wave, Microwave and XT all had the red scroll wheel. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

As does their NW1 ( Eurorack ) that they recently started selling at a very much reduced price.

4 Likes

It’s a tough call. Lot’s of their synths had one, or sometimes 2 or 3 red knobs.

1 Like

Yeah 1st gen Pulse is another example.

Waldorf_Music-pulse-4pole-eq27

unnamed-2 unnamed

Wikipedia_Q+XTk

7 Likes

Maybe they are just celebrating the return of red knobs?

11 Likes

Logic checks out in today’s click bait over sensationalized world of headlines.

3 Likes

Red knobs are nice, but nothing beats the Yamaha Super Knob! Whatever it is I’m guessing it will be very wave-y and on brand for them

I love Waldorf but they are also low key trolls. Just read the Blofeld manual. It is chock full of humor, sarcasm, and satire.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s not just the red knob that’s the clue but also the blue body with a red knob? :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe a new drum synth? Rack Attack V2?

2 Likes

Yeah, that was my thinking. The dark blue-grey and the red button makes me think it might be something Microwave related. Then I got to thinking that it might clash with the Blofeld on their product line before remembering that the Blofeld is about 13 or 14 years old so you could see a successor making sense.

3 Likes

With the soundengine from the Iridium/Quantum absolutely!!!

3 Likes

it’s gonna be a tiny boutique style microwave

2 Likes

That blue colour, tho…

1 Like

True, could totally be a Microwave.

1 Like

Plot twist: a 1200 watt microwave.

Gives those hot pockets just the right amount of analog warmth!

12 Likes

I know it didn’t have ‘the red knob’ but I just want it to be Attack…