Waldorf M

Looks like a render rather than a photo… is it stated anywhere that this is indeed to be a hardware device? :thinking:

2 Likes

Someone I know, knows someone who knows a beta tester for the new synth. :rofl:
According to them it’s a hardware synth without keyboard and OT users will be very happy (errh no…that was something else^^)!

6 Likes

GAS triggered.

Plot twist: They’re releasing a red knob.

2 Likes

they wouldnt be the 1st company to basically release an expensive red knob (though i cant remember the synth/mixer company that did it … i’m sure someone else will post it)

… update - not red … see below.

This one?

4 Likes

Yup

1 Like

The post text is “these are the days again”, while there’s an older post that says “those were the days” and contains hand-drawn sketches of the μWave controls:

TL;DR—please be a new μWave, please be a new μWave…

5 Likes

A new Wave synth would be awesome… But it’s probably a softsynth emulation of the Wave(s)

It‘s hardware. I‘ve heard that even before Waldorf actually hinted at something on their IG and the thread on GS was started three weeks ago.

3 Likes

I’m hoping you’re right. I’m just being cynical.

1 Like

I think it’s going to be a new MicroWave module.

The Iridium (which I own) can do plenty of wave table mangling, but I can see Waldorf wanting to capitalize more on their unique take on wave table synthesis. The big question is will it use the Quantum/Iridium engine with algorithms? or will it add a few chips to make the processing more unique?

I’m kind of hoping it’s all digital, because if they use a similar processor then Quantum/Iridium owners may get some WT enhancements! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Blofeld Red Knob Edition

5 Likes

LFO sync bug firmware update would also be acceptable.

4 Likes

Maybe they are just listening to old big black albums

12 Likes

3 Likes

So the red knob is for scanning through wavetables. At least we know it’s a physical device

4 Likes

Looks like it’ll be a full size synth, which leads me to assume premium price range. Hope I’m wrong!

could bee a desktop synth 5u or 4u or something. but maybe it’s a KB and then a desktop version will come later.

It looks blissfully not at all ORANGE

1 Like